|This page contains information about something recently released. You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.|
|Season episode №:||27|
|Overall episode №:||223|
|Written by:||Josh Haber|
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
The Last Problem
Cakes for the Memories
A-Dressing Memories is the first episode of the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic mini-series Friendship is Forever. It is the first of six clip show episodes that feature footage from previous episodes.
Set between the events of The Ending of the End - Part 2 and Twilight Sparkle's coronation in The Last Problem, the episode begins with Rarity expecting Twilight's arrival at Carousel Boutique for another fitting for her coronation dress. Starlight Glimmer and Spike enter and explain to Rarity that they are putting together a magical scrapbook to surprise Twilight with at her coronation. Needing memories to fill the book with, they tell Rarity to get Twilight to reminisce about old times.
When Twilight arrives for her dress fitting, Starlight and Spike hide while Rarity lets her in. As Twilight and Rarity start talking, Twilight recalls times in the past where Rarity demonstrated great generosity, such as cutting off her tail to replace Steven Magnet's moustache and inviting her friends with her to Manehattan for Fashion Week. Twilight's reminiscing about these moments starts to fill the scrapbook with memories.
Rarity, however, recalls times when she was not so generous, like forcing her friends to make dresses (causing them to miss Hinny of the Hills), taking over the construction of Sweetie Belle's Applewood Derby cart, and losing her generosity entirely in Discord's labyrinth. As Twilight and Rarity continue to reminisce, Starlight Glimmer accidentally makes noise while hiding. When Twilight gets suspicious, Rarity tells her that Smoky's family is assisting her in the boutique.
Rarity starts going on about how much of an inspiration Twilight is to ponies, and Twilight recalls times when Rarity inspired her, such as building a fashion empire from the ground up. She also mentions how much Spike appreciates Rarity, including when he sacrificed a jewel she gave him in order to save her from the Diamond Dogs and went to great lengths to get her a present for Hearth's Warming.
When Starlight and Spike nearly give themselves away again, Rarity assures Twilight that everything is fine. She checks in with the two, who tell her they still need a few more memories for the scrapbook. Rarity rejoins Twilight and says she believes her talent for fashion is all she has to offer to Equestria. Twilight disagrees, recalling the times when Rarity played detective to absolve Rainbow Dash of a crime, played an epic rock guitar solo, and briefly saved Twilight from Queen Chrysalis, Cozy Glow, and Lord Tirek.
With Starlight and Spike's signal, Rarity wraps up Twilight's dress fitting. When Twilight is surprised that the fitting was so quick and worries that Rarity will finish the dress in time for the coronation, Rarity reveals that she already finished the dress weeks in advance and was fitting Twilight for a backup dress just in case. Having enjoyed their time reminiscing on their friendship, Twilight and Rarity hug, allowing Starlight and Spike to sneak out of the boutique.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
- Starlight Glimmer: Spike and I are putting together something special for the coronation.
- Rarity: Darling, we're all putting together something for the coronation. Be thankful you're not doing the gown. This is my fourteenth version!
- Rarity: We get it, Starlight. You're good at magic.
- Rarity: I appreciate hearing how much I'm appreciated.
- Rarity: Over the years, my relationship with Spike has changed, but it will always be very special.
- Rarity: I may not be the ruler of Equestria, but it is nice to hear how I've inspired ponies with my meager talent for fashion. [laughs]
- Twilight Sparkle: Oh, come on, Rarity. Of course you have a knack for design, but you're a lot more than that.
- Twilight Sparkle: Are you sure you'll be able to finish this dress in time?
- Rarity: Oh. [laughing] Oh, that's not your coronation gown. I finished that weeks ago.
- Twilight Sparkle: What?! It's gorgeous. But what is this?
- Rarity: That is a backup. One can never be too careful when it comes to a coronation. I like to have all of my bases covered.
- Twilight Sparkle: Add that to the list of things I'll never forget about you, Rarity!
- Jim Miller (2020-04-20). @flaregun45 Not exactly. There’s only about a single episode’s worth of new content in all 6 clip shows.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2020 April 20.
The Best of the Worst
How Applejack Got Her Hat Back
Bad Thing No. 3
Pinkie Pie: Hyper-Helper
The Trail Less Trotten
Death of a Sales-Pony
The Fluttershy Effect
The Fast and the Furriest
Badge of Shame
A Camping We Will Go
Meet Potion Nova!
Pony Surfin' Safari
All Bottled Up
All That Jitters
Ponies of the Moment
One Click Wonder
Don't Look a GIF Horse in the Mouth
The Root of It
The Mysterious Voice
The 5 Habits of Highly Effective Ponies
Director Spike's Mockumentary
Pie vs. Pie
The Debut Taunt
The Rarity Report
The Great Divide
The Great Collide
Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|