|This page contains information about something recently released. You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.|
|A Camping We Will Go; Campfire Stories|
|Season episode №:||11|
|Overall episode №:||11|
|Written by:||Greg Levine (A Camping We Will Go)|
Dave Horwitz (Campfire Stories)
|Storyboard:||Giuseppe Dell'Olio, Ehud Landsburg, & Adeola Lawal|
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
Badge of Shame; Discord's Peak
Friendship Gems; Dol-FIN-ale
In A Camping We Will Go, the Mane Six go on a Trail Trotters camping trip, but Rarity has trouble leaving behind the comforts of modern life.
In Campfire Stories, the ponies entertain themselves by telling some campfire stories after the power goes out at Sugarcube Corner.
This episode aired on July 26, 2020, on Treehouse TV in Canada, on September 5, 2020 on Boomerang in Australia, on September 9, 2020, on Tiny Pop in the United Kingdom, on September 13, 2020, on Gulli in France and it was released on CANAL+ on-demand service in Poland on September 14, 2020.
A Camping We Will Go
The Mane Six go on a camping trip in order to earn their Trail Trotters Camping Badge. Rarity, expecting to go "glamping" with her mattress and bathtub from home, forgot her equipment at home, and she is forced to go camping the usual way. She falls into a river on their way to the campsite, and once the campsite is set up, she is unable to start a campfire.
Rarity feels she is not meant for camping, but the rest of the Mane Six commend her for at least making an effort to go camping with them and getting out of her comfort zone for once. With her friends' support, Rarity successfully starts a campfire. That night, Rarity gazes at the stars and starts to appreciate the joys of camping.
At Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie accidentally causes a power outage by plugging in too many electronics while baking, leaving herself and her friends in the dark. With the electrician one hour away, Twilight Sparkle suggests they pass the time by sharing stories, using the lights of their mobile tablets as a makeshift campfire.
Fluttershy starts out by telling a story about the time she and her friends worked together to bake a twenty-seven-layer cupcake, which soon came to life as a terrifying monster. Rainbow Dash remembers this event differently and recalls a different version of events in which they try to break a baking record. Twilight Sparkle and Rarity also remember this event differently and recall different versions of the story.
As the ponies argue over what they were baking to begin with, the power at Sugarcube Corner comes back on. When they see all the electronics Pinkie plugged in are still powered on and making a mess in the kitchen, they race to unplug them all and share a laugh afterward, wondering how they will remember this event later on.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
A Camping We Will Go
- Applejack: [deep breath, sighs] The Great Outdoors!
- Rarity: My equipment was for glamping. Camping in glitz, glamour, and comfort. Comfy mattress, a comfy bathtub, the comfy portable generator to plug in my comfy lamp – it's all very comfy!
- Fluttershy: Stay calm. The fear is in your head.
- Rarity: But the water rushing around me is very real!
- Rarity: I haven't juggled since my vaudeville days. But I suppose I can try.
- Rarity: I wish I had my glamping stuff. I wish I had my comfy mattress. I wish I had my lamp!
- Rarity: [deep breath, sighs] The Great Outdoors!
- Twilight Sparkle: We could stand around getting mad that the power's off. We could sit around wishing on potion magic that we were electricians. Or we could pass the time by... telling stories!
- Fluttershy: [narrating] It was a normal day. Everypony was baking together and having fun. [...] But soon, our perfect cupcake would devolve into perfect chaos!
- Rainbow Dash: Wait, wait, wait! You're making out sound like a kitchen nightmare!
- Pinkie Pie: RARITY! That's not the story we're telling.
- Rarity: Well, it's the story I'm telling.
- Pinkie Pie: Well, we're telling the tale of the twenty-seven-layer cupcake.
- Applejack: Now that I think about it, wasn't it thirty layers?
- Twilight Sparkle: Am I drinking crazy potion, or was it twenty-seven one-layer cupcakes?
- Pinkie Pie: I wonder how we're all gonna remember this.
- Fluttershy: As long as we remember we're together as friends, it's a memory we're gonna share forever.
- Twilight Sparkle: I'm also writing all of this down for accuracy. "It was the best of times... it was the best of times!"
The Best of the Worst
How Applejack Got Her Hat Back
Bad Thing No. 3
Pinkie Pie: Hyper-Helper
The Trail Less Trotten
Death of a Sales-Pony
The Fluttershy Effect
The Fast and the Furriest
Badge of Shame
A Camping We Will Go
Meet Potion Nova!
Pony Surfin' Safari
All Bottled Up
All That Jitters
Ponies of the Moment
One Click Wonder
Don't Look a GIF Horse in the Mouth
The Root of It
The Mysterious Voice
The 5 Habits of Highly Effective Ponies
Director Spike's Mockumentary
Pie vs. Pie
The Debut Taunt
The Rarity Report
The Great Divide
The Great Collide
Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|