|This page contains information about something recently released. You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.|
|Bad Thing No. 3|
|Season episode №:||5|
|Overall episode №:||5|
|Original airdate:||November 21, 2020
|Written by:||Whitney Ralls|
|Featured characters:||Fancy Pants|
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
Pinkie Pie: Hyper-Helper
This episode aired on July 5, 2020, on Treehouse TV in Canada, on August 15, 2020 on Boomerang in Australia and on September 5, 2020, on Gulli in France and it was released on nc+ GO on-demand service in Poland on September 7, 2020.
At Sugarcube Corner, Rarity alerts Pinkie Pie to a crisis she has. She explains that while modeling a new headband the day before, she ran into Fancy Pants, who invited her to go on a stroll in the park with him the following evening. While speaking with him, she accidentally spills a potion on her headband; Fancy Pants warns this might be a bad omen and that "bad things happen in threes". As Fancy leaves, Rarity suffers a second bad omen by tripping over the potion bottle.
Rarity worries that the third bad omen will get in the way of her stroll with Fancy Pants and wants to make it happen before then. In addition, the potion she spilled on her headband causes it to reveal terrible truths to whoever wears it, so Pinkie Pie leaves it in the Sugarcube Corner pantry. After failing to trigger an argument between Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle, Rarity decides to resort to deliberate sabotage to make "bad thing number three" happen before her stroll with Fancy Pants, all while slowly losing her sanity.
As Pinkie Pie practices souffles for the next round of the Royal Jelly Juggernaut, an increasingly unhinged Rarity plots to steal Pinkie's souffle recipe in order to make "bad thing number three" happen. This leads to a physical altercation between her and Gummy that ends with her crashing inside the pantry and the magic headband falling on her head.
Inside Rarity's mind, her inner voice tells her that "bad thing number three" has already happened. Because she has focused on the negative instead of living in the present, she is now trapped inside her own mind (literally and figuratively). Rarity's inner voice also says that, while seconds pass inside her mind, entire days pass in the outside world, meaning she has missed her park stroll with Fancy Pants.
When Rarity's friends find her hallucinating in the pantry, they remove the headband and tell her she was only gone for a short time, and Fancy Pants has arrived for their stroll together. When Rarity continues to stress about "bad thing number three", her friends tell her to go with the flow and not worry about something that may or may not happen.
During Rarity and Fancy Pants' stroll through the park, Fancy Pants turns out to be very vain and narcissistic. Rarity realizes that she does not like Fancy Pants and that he was "bad thing number three" all along, and she quickly leaves. Back at Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie says she is proud of Rarity for not letting bad omens control her, and Rarity is glad that her obsession with bad omens did not jeopardize Pinkie's chances in the Royal Jelly Juggernaut.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
- Pinkie Pie: If this is another croissant caper, don't think you'll out-muscle me again! I know your tricks!
- Fancy Pants: Would you like to go for a stroll in the park with me tomorrow eve?
- Rarity: No. I would love to!
- Fancy Pants: Oh, it seems your endearing clumsiness has resulted in a bad omen.
- Rarity: Bad omen?
- Fancy Pants: Well, you know what they say. Bad things happen in threes.
- Inner Pinkie Pie: Sprinkles cannot fix every problem.
- Inner Fluttershy: You speak softly, yet you carry within you the most wondrous and terrifying force of all.
- Rarity: [deep, gravelly voice] Must make the bad thing happen!
- Inner Rarity: Bad things do not happen in threes, but you sealed your own fate by focusing on the negative rather than living in the present.
- Rarity: Okay, yes. Profound. Whatever.
- Fancy Pants: Back to what I want to talk about – me. Earlier today, I made the best point, immediately followed by the best joke. So I laughed and laughed until everypony left. And that's when I realized the most talented pony I ever met... was me.
- Rarity: Wow. I was so nervous about going walkies with you that I didn't realize... I don't like you.
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|