|This page contains information about something recently released. You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.|
|Badge of Shame; Discord's Peak|
|Season episode №:||10|
|Overall episode №:||10|
|Original airdate:||December 5, 2020 (scheduled)
|Written by:||Greg Levine|
|Storyboard:||Giulia Caruso & Estrela Lourenço|
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
The Fast and the Furriest; Disappearing Act
A Camping We Will Go; Campfire Stories
In Badge of Shame, Twilight Sparkle attempts to earn her Trail Trotters Engineering Badge by facing a foe unlike any other: a list of incomprehensible instructions.
This episode aired on July 19, 2020, on Treehouse TV in Canada, on August 29, 2020 on Boomerang in Australia, on September 9, 2020, on Tiny Pop in the United Kingdom on September 12, 2020, on Gulli in France, and it was released on CANAL+ on-demand service in Poland on September 11, 2020.
Badge of Shame
Twilight Sparkle brings a large box of machine parts to Sugarcube Corner with the intent of earning her Trail Trotters Engineering Badge. As the self-proclaimed "Master of Instructions", Twilight believes assembling the machine will be an easy task, but the instructions included with the parts are impossible for her and her friends to decipher.
Twilight loses confidence in herself, but her friends give her reassurance. She take it upon herself to improve the instructions themselves before assembling the machine, which turns out to be a brand new oven for Pinkie Pie to replace her old, broken-down oven. The day ends with Twilight earning her Engineering Badge and the Mane Six using Pinkie's new oven to bake lots of treats.
For the next Trail Trotters badge, Fluttershy organizes a group hike up Mt. Volcanope, a long-dormant magical volcano on a nearby island. When Discord enters, Fluttershy tries to convince him to come along with the promise of chaos and danger, but Discord refuses to participate in any Trail Trotters activities. When the Mane Six reach the top of Mt. Volcanope, Fluttershy deliberately triggers an eruption in order to get Discord to join them, but the eruption she triggers ends up bigger than she intended.
Meanwhile, Discord asserts to Spike his refusal to climb up Mt. Volcanope, but he quickly becomes bored. Outside, he notices the volcano erupting in the distance and teleports to the peak, where the Mane Six are surrounded by pink lava. Discord stops the eruption with his magic and saves the Mane Six, and Fluttershy entices him with the idea of being a "Solo Scout" instead of joining a Trail Trotters troop. Discord relishes the idea of doing things on his own and leaves.
It is revealed that Fluttershy made up the Solo Scouts much in the same way the rest of the Mane Six made up being a Trail Trotters troop in The Trail Less Trotten. Fluttershy expresses guilt over trying to force Discord into doing something he does not want to do, and Discord returns to ask for help getting back down the mountain.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
Badge of Shame
- Pinkie Pie: Oh, my dear oven Dolores! And yeah, I named her Dr. Dolores Q. Baker. That's what you do when you love something so much. You give it a name and a Ph.D!
- Twilight Sparkle: This will be no sweat at all, for I am the Master of Instructions!
- Fluttershy: This looks like you're supposed to throw the box into the air?
- Rainbow Dash: Uh, this looks a pony playing buckball on a mountain. Or are they in a valley?
- Applejack: Are you supposed to add water? 'Cause, uh, that sure looks like water.
- Twilight Sparkle: I can't even figure out step one...! How am I gonna do all NINETY-EIGHT STEPS?! [shatters]
- Applejack: [to fourth wall] It was then that Twilight Sparkle got very anxious and worked up.
- Fluttershy: You're the Master of Instructions! They're not the master of you, right?
- Rainbow Dash: So? What's the new oven's name? [chomps]
- Pinkie Pie: I think I'll call her... Dame Dulce de Leche!
- Discord: That there magic volcano's been dormant for years. That's why they call it Mt. VolcaNOPE. [chomps]
- Applejack: [to fourth wall] Things tend to get a little messy when Discord "tags along".
- Fluttershy: You suuuuure? It'll be fuuuuun. And by fun, I mean very chaotic. And we'll be facing our fears and putting ourselves in mortal peril!
- Fluttershy: [sighs] I wish Discord were here.
- Rainbow Dash: Why? He's not a Trail Trotter. He's a walking disaster.
- Fluttershy: But he's my walking disaster.
- Twilight Sparkle: Sometimes I worry about the friends you choose.
- Spike: What it'll be?
- Discord: I've already decided. I'm not hiking up Mt. Volcanope.
- Spike: Uh, I mean what kind of cupcake?
- Discord: Danger plus chaos equals perfect! Math.
- Pinkie Pie: Great idea to make up the Solo Scouts. That's perfect for Discord!
- Rainbow Dash: Crazy that somepony could just make up a troop on the spot like that.
- Mane Six sans Fluttershy: [nervous laugh]
- Discord: Uh... a certain Solo Scout can't remember how he got up the mountain, and now he can't get back down. Can he be a... temporary Trail Trotter?
- Titled as The Master of Instructions by some sources.
- Titled as Mt. Volcanope by some sources.
- TV Schedule for Discovery Family Channel. TV Passport. Retrieved on 2020 November 28.
The Best of the Worst
How Applejack Got Her Hat Back
Bad Thing No. 3
Pinkie Pie: Hyper-Helper
The Trail Less Trotten
Death of a Sales-Pony
The Fluttershy Effect
The Fast and the Furriest
Badge of Shame
A Camping We Will Go
Meet Potion Nova!
Pony Surfin' Safari
All Bottled Up
All That Jitters
Ponies of the Moment
One Click Wonder
Don't Look a GIF Horse in the Mouth
The Root of It
The Mysterious Voice
The 5 Habits of Highly Effective Ponies
Director Spike's Mockumentary
Pie vs. Pie
The Debut Taunt
The Rarity Report
The Great Divide
The Great Collide
Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|