ImperfectXIII made a point to me a few days ago about what is considered a recognized award/nomination for the category. He pointed out that the people in question are more often nominated than the episodes themselves. One such example is Shadow Play - Part 2's sound crew being recognized through the episode itself since there is no way to recognize the people.
I feel the category statement needs to be specific on what gets put in the page such as what award merits being "Recognized for Awards," or there should a Personal Page for the awards the show, and Equestria Girls by extension, has been awarded or nominated for as there are many to choose from
- A dedicated article for the awards and nominations that the series receives would be impractical, but that aside...
- Depending on the award(s) in question, whom or what is recognized for an award/nomination varies. Sometimes episodes themselves are recognized (such as The Cutie Map at the 2016 Hugo Awards); sometimes those who contributed work to the episodes are recognized (such as a sound crew's work on a specific episode's musical score). If an individual is recognized for their work on an episode, should both the individual and the episode be added to the category? 21:43, January 6, 2019 (UTC)
The Cutie Map's writers no doubt should be within the category as it is technically their award. Perhaps both the episodes and people involved be part of the category.
Here's some examples how it already is taking place.
- Pinkie Pride is in the category while it was Daniel Ingram and Steffan Andrews who where nominated for the Leo Award for Best Score.
- The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows is in for Libman's voice work for that episode.
- Tanks for the Memories is in for Ball's performance for that episode.
It's a little disconcerting when these episode are there while episodes with standout performances like Hard to Say Anything (Tong), Fluttershy Leans In (Mackenzie Gray) and Rock Solid Friendship (Libman) are not apart of the category while others are. They are recognized by the individuals who won or were nominated for those awards. Either all the episodes in these circumstances need to recognized along with the individual, or they all can't be in the category unless the episode itself has won or been nominated for an award like The Cutie Map.Dry63 (talk) 04:10, January 7, 2019 (UTC)