| Dr. Fauna|
Dr. Fauna in Secret of My Excess
|Mane||¤ Pale, light grayish cerulean and light ceruleanish gray|
| Cutie mark|
|Voice||Cathy Weseluck (English, S2E10)|
Nicole Oliver (English, S7E5 onwards)
Gundi Eberhard (German)
Patrizia Scianca (Italian)
Ikue Ōtani (Japanese)
Beata Sadkowska (Polish, S2E10)
Agnieszka Fajlhauer (Polish, S7E5 and S7E23)
Larisa Brokhman (Russian, S2E10)
Darya Frolova (Russian, S7E5)
Olga Golovanova (Russian, S7E23)
Norma Iturbe (Latin American Spanish)
Olha Radchuk (Ukrainian, S7E5)
Natalya Polishchuk (Ukrainian, S7E23)
Dr. Fauna, also called Mane Goodall and Mane Cureall, is a female Earth pony veterinarian who first appears in the season two episode Secret of My Excess. She has a light yellow coat, two-tone blue mane and tail, brown eyes, and a cutie mark of a dog's head, cat's head, and white bird. She is named "Dr. Fauna" in the show and "Mane Goodall" and "Mane Cureall" in merchandise.
DevelopmentDr. Fauna's merchandise-given name is a play on primatologist Jane Goodall, the same basis as Ruby Redheart.
Depiction in the series
Season twoDr. Fauna first appears in Secret of My Excess; Twilight Sparkle brings Spike to her office when he starts exhibiting uncontrollable growth spurts. Dr. Fauna is unable to diagnose Spike because she treats normal animals like dogs and snakes, not dragons. She treats Spike like a dog and gives him a dog treat.
In Fluttershy Leans In, Dr. Fauna's animal clinic becomes crowded with animals, so Fluttershy establishes an animal sanctuary to both lighten her workload and provide a haven for animals to recuperate. Dr. Fauna also appears in Secrets and Pies during Pinkie Pie's investigation of Rainbow Dash.
Dr. Fauna appears in She Talks to Angel.[specify]
Dr. Fauna appears in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Issue #54 in her same role as in Fluttershy Leans In.
Dr. Fauna is a character in Gameloft's mobile game under the name "Mane Goodall".
MerchandiseIn Enterplay's collectible card game, Dr. Fauna is named Mane Goodall with a trademark symbol on her Gen Con Indy 2013 demo card, and she is named "Mane Cureall" on card α #89 R. Both cards list her quote "I've always had a good rapport with animals. Still don't know the first thing about dragons, though."
- "Hm, well, I'm flummoxed. Y'bring me a dog, I've got it diagnosed in seconds. Snake even faster, but... to be honest, I've never seen a real live dragon before."
- — Secret of My Excess
- "Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy? Sit."
- — Secret of My Excess
- "I'm flummoxed! Every day, there's more and more animals on my doorstep. Most of them just have minor ailments – hurt wings, stuffy noses, and such. But the trouble is even after they're all healed up, I can't seem to get these comfy critters to leave!"
- — Fluttershy Leans In
- "I've always had a good rapport with animals. Still don't know the first thing about dragons, though."
- — Enterplay collectible card game Gen Con Indy 2013 demo card of Mane Goodall and card α #89 R of Mane Cureall
- Mane Goodall (GenCon) on the Collectible Card Game Wiki
- Mane Cureall, Veteran Vet on the Collectible Card Game Wiki