|2011-09-25 • 2011-12-31 • 2012-07-31|
2013-03-31 • 2014-10-10 • 2015-12-01 • 2016-12-01 • 2017-12-01 • 2018-11-30 • 2019-12-01
Discuss nominations for the featured article and the front-page slider here. -Throwawaytv 08:59, September 25, 2011 (UTC)
While season three is airing, we are doing one slider for the latest aired episode, one for the upcoming episode, and two features. Usually they are changed on the first of every month but changes can be discussed at any time.
January 2020 nominations
For January, I think it should just be comics-related. Specifically, I'm suggesting that the last two miniseries Feats of Friendship and Nightmare Knights along with the last two story arcs from the main series Cosmos and Tempest's Tale should be featured next month. What do y'all think? 05:38, December 29, 2019 (UTC)
February 2020 nominations
I think February 2020 should be love-themed given Valentine's Day is next month, and to go with that theme, I think we should nominate two couples: Cranky Doodle Donkey and Matilda alongside Lyra Heartstrings and Sweetie Drops. What do y'all think? 20:59, January 25, 2020 (UTC)
- Support Those seem like good choices to me. The oldest couple (in terms of the chronology of the show) to have yet to be featured, as well as one of the final couples to be confirmed in-show.--
- Support That seems like a good idea. But i do okay with Cranky Doodle and Matilda, but i love the Lyra ans Bon Bon ship thingy. So, this has to be featured. --Ivan the Brony Kaiju (t - b - c) 00:39, January 26, 2020 (UTC)
March 2020 nominations
For March, I suggest that we make it a music-themed month by featuring the My Little Pony theme song in addition to the musical episodes that haven't been featured yet which are Magical Mystery Cure, Pinkie Pride, and Crusaders of the Lost Mark. What do y'all think? 18:27, February 22, 2020 (UTC)
- Support. I would nominate A Hearth's Warming Tail instead of My Little Pony theme song, but that's already been featured apparently. 22:52, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
- Support Seems good to me.--
April 2020 nominations
In anticipation of My Little Pony: The Manga Volume 2's currently scheduled release on April 7, I'd like to preemptively reserve two April slots for Volume 1 and Volume 2. 17:20, February 1, 2020 (UTC)
- Support for those two articles (though it appears there's no article for Volume 2, so I hope there'll be one by April), and as for those two other slots, I nominate The Fast and the Furriest and My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Canterlot High: March Radness. 23:15, March 26, 2020 (UTC)
So, can we move the Vol. 2 article from the workshop into the mainspace?14:51, April 1, 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah, I suppose. It's going to remain pretty bare until Vol. 2 releases next week though. 15:39, April 1, 2020 (UTC)
May 2020 nominations
As with My Little Pony: The Manga Volume 2 above, I'd like to reserve one May 2020 slot for the IDW crossover mini-series My Little Pony/Transformers. 05:00, February 7, 2020 (UTC)
- Tentatively withdrawing my nomination for this one, as IDW suspended their releases for the month of May, so MLP/Transformers is going to be delayed. Not yet sure if that affects digital releases. 00:32, March 27, 2020 (UTC)
Friendship is Magic Issue 89 (the official start of "Season 10") is also scheduled for release on April 29, so that would make a good second slot filler for May. 13:23, February 19, 2020 (UTC)
- So, is "Season 10" not starting today? Haven't seen a wiki article of the first issue of it, so has it been delayed like My Little Pony/Transformers was? 18:19, April 29, 2020 (UTC)
- Yes, unfortunately, both Friendship is Magic #89 and MLP/Transformers have been delayed, with new release dates pretty much T.B.A. 23:32, April 29, 2020 (UTC)
- Support Yeah, that works for me. I would've suggested a different theme, but maybe I'll do that for some other month. 22:45, April 29, 2020 (UTC)
- Angel and Tank are already featured, so I'm suggesting some other pets should be featured. In place of Angel and Tank, I think Winona and Philomena should be featured instead. 19:32, May 13, 2020 (UTC)
- Support For Owl, Gummy, Winona, and Philomena. --Mega Sean 45 (talk) 19:44, May 13, 2020 (UTC)
- Support the lineup with the amendments listed by GoldenBluebird.--
- Support GoldenBluebird's lineup until June 13, at which point two slots should be swapped out for the premiere episodes of Pony Life: Princess Probz and The Best of the Worst. 14:48, May 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Support - Impy and Golden's suggestion. 18:16, May 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Support Impy's amendment - I assume we'll decide at that point which two to swap out?--
- How about we swap out Winona and Philomena when June 13 arrives?
17:48, May 31, 2020 (UTC)
- Works for me. 18:32, May 31, 2020 (UTC)
- Sure, why not.--
- Works for me too. 09:59, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
- How about we swap out Winona and Philomena when June 13 arrives?
- Update: It looks like the premiere of Pony Life has been delayed to another time, so two slots won't have to be swapped out after all. :P 15:12, June 6, 2020 (UTC)
July 2020 nominations
For July 2020, I'm nominating:
- My Little Pony/Transformers. Assuming no more delays, its first issue is set to release on July 22.
- The stop motion shorts for Pony Life, in anticipation for the show coming out this summer.
- The Summer Sun Setback. Since it's the summer, an episode about the Summer Sun Celebration would be a good article to have featured.
- Camp Everfree. Another good article to have featured during the summer since it's about a summer camp.
What do you think?04:26, June 26, 2020 (UTC)
- I like the summer-related ideas. For the first two, it seems counterproductive to feature articles whose subjects won't exist for the majority of the feature time. The shorts could work though.
- In that case, then I guess we could push the MLP/Transformers one for August. In its place, how about we go with Princess Celestia and the Summer of Royal Waves? 20:06, June 26, 2020 (UTC)
Okay so, I made a mistake that I should've noticed but didn't until just now as when I was adding the featured articles category to these articles. I forgot that Camp Everfree was already featured all the way back in January 2017, so we're just featuring this article again.
So I guess my question is should we stick with this as being one of the featured articles or should we feature something else?15:06, July 1, 2020 (UTC)
- How about Princess Twilight Sparkle - Part 1 as an alternative? It also takes place during the Summer Sun Celebration. Otherwise, I see no harm in Camp Everfree being featured a second time (since we're somewhat lacking in summer-themed articles :P). 15:22, July 1, 2020 (UTC)
August 2020 nominations
After much thinking, these would be my suggestions for next month's featured articles:
- My Little Pony/Transformers
- Princess Twilight Sparkle - Part 1
- Princess Twilight Sparkle - Part 2
- Principal Celestia
I was struggling to find summer-themed articles beyond the Season 4 two-part premiere (which, as Imperfect said, also took place during the Summer Sun Celebration like The Summer Sun Setback) that can be featured, so I ended up going with Principal Celestia for the last one. 02:32, July 27, 2020 (UTC)
- Support Seems like a reasonable compromise to me.--
- Support What Jonny said. The first issue of MLP/Transformers should be out by next Wednesday. 18:20, July 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Also, Friendship is Magic Issue 89 is currently scheduled for August 12, so maybe we swap out one of the latter three slots for it halfway through the month? 14:11, July 31, 2020 (UTC)
September 2020 nominations
Here's what I'm nominating for September:
- Fall Weather Friends
- Sweet Apple Acres
- Goldie Delicious
- Princess Twilight Sparkle and the Forgotten Books of Autumn
Two autumn-themed articles alongside two Apple family-themed articles. What do y'all think?03:41, August 27, 2020 (UTC)
- Apples and autumn seem to go together (well, more apple cider, but still) so I Support.--
October 2020 nominations
For October, I'm nominating:
- Friendship is Magic, part 1: What better way to celebrate the 10th anniversary of this show than with an article for the episode that started it all?
- Friendship is Magic, part 2: Per the reason above.
- Luna Eclipsed: Considering it's the month of Halloween, this seems like a good episode to have featured.
- Night of the Living Apples: Per the reason above. I thought about suggesting episodes like Bats! and Scare Master instead of this one, but I thought maybe we can save those for another Halloween season.
What do y'all think?02:31, September 26, 2020 (UTC)
- Support --Mega Sean 45 (talk) 05:09, September 26, 2020 (UTC)
- I both Support these and offer Friendship is Magic Issue 71 as a possible alternative for the fourth slot. 14:10, September 26, 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's a good alternative. And it would fit with Luna Eclipsed more than Night of the Living Apples considering both are directly about Nightmare Night and not just simply horror-themed (this would also be a good argument for Scare Master but I still think we can save that episode for another Halloween). I think I may be leaning towards your suggestion here, but I'm okay with either of our comic suggestions being featured. 20:52, September 26, 2020 (UTC)