- Return to Ocellus
Was she part of the first renegade group?
I was thinking a bit about the different backstories for the Student Six, and I started thinking about Ocellus. Y'think before she was a shy changeling, was she part of Pharynx's renegade group before Thorax used more discipline on his subjects? It would be nice to know how Ocellus became a colorful good changeling instead of an evil dark one! This could also add to Thorax's struggle with the renegade changelings he had to deal with, other than his brother! --Mega Sean 45 (talk) 15:39, May 13, 2018 (UTC)
- It certainly would be interesting to explore Ocellus' history. Her shy personality doesn't really seem to suggest-to me at least-that she would have been a holdout against embracing love. Anything is possible, I suppose, though I kind of imagine she would have been bullied into such a role rather than accepted it willingly. Would be nice to see her at the Changeling Kingdom and find out more about the Changelings, particularly whether or not Chrysalis was in fact the mother of all of them as some have suggested.--Kilmarnock228 (talk) 08:46, May 14, 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, she doesn't seem like the type to have been a holdout on sharing love.--
Indeed. On a side note, how long do you think it will be before Ocellus transforms into each of the species of the other Young Six? So far we've seen dragon, pony, and seapony forms for her, which leaves griffon, yak, and hippogriff. Commercials for future episodes have shown some yaks so I wouldn't be surprised if she turned into one of them next.--Kilmarnock228 (talk) 00:28, June 1, 2018 (UTC)
- I give her until the end of the season.--
Could Ocellus be Chrysalis?
I know this sounds extremely unlikely! There's more of a chance of Spike and Smolder being siblings than this happening, but wouldn't this be a very clever twist that no one would expect? I mean Chrysalis making her way into the school, earn their trusts, just to get to Starlight? I mean like I said, most likely not happening! But then Chrysalis makes friends outta the Student Six that reforms her! It would be the most clever way to reform her!
- Here I got something else that's a little more likely, but still a longshot! What if she's a spy to Chrysalis? --Mega Sean 45 (talk) 02:04, May 23, 2018 (UTC)
Well, I'll agree that the first proposal is unlikely; for one thing, none of the Changelings-and Chrysalis in particular-that we've seen have been shown to be very convincing actors. The idea that Chrysalis could create an entirely new persona and pull it off convincingly seems like a bit of a stretch. Plus, unless there were another Ocellus that she replaced, I don't think she could just show up as a new Changeling and fool Thorax and co., at least not for very long. It would have been an interesting concept, but as you say it just seems too unlikely-especially since Ocellus is too adorable to just be a disguised character.
The idea of Ocellus spying for Chrysalis is a bit more likely-not much, but a bit. It will be interesting to see in The Mean 6 if Ocellus will be present, and if she will react to/interact with Chrysalis. I imagine Ocellus would be fairly terrified at the prospect of running into Chrysalis, since presumably the former Queen was the tyrant of the Changeling hive for the entirety of Ocellus' life and it's only recently that she's been deposed. I could easily see Chrysalis terrifying Ocellus into doing her bidding by threatening her personally or threatening to harm her friends.--Kilmarnock228 (talk) 20:09, May 23, 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, it would be interesting to see what kind of interaction Chrysalis and Ocellus would have. It would be a great subversion if Ocellus showed no fear in telling Chrysalis that she wants nothing to do with her.--
So, Big Jim sort of implied that Chrysalis is Ocellus's mother, and he also revealed that those 4 changelings that appear are Ocellus's family (though he kind of muddied it a bit by saying something along the lines of perhaps they're all related, since they're bugs). I say that Ocellus, from that group, has 1 older brother, 1 older sister, 1 younger brother, and 1 younger sister.--
- Yeah, I saw that too; makes me wonder what the Changelings are going to do if Chrysalis never becomes good. I would guess that the four Changelings who accompany Ocellus could be her "broodmates", like Pharynx and Thorax. So basically the Changelings could all be siblings, but ones that were born at the same time-or nearly-have a particular bond.--Kilmarnock228 (talk) 19:01, August 6, 2018 (UTC)