- Return to Scorpan
Scorpan is the one who brought Spike to the ponies
The reason I think this is because this happened back in G1. Plus it would make a great addition to Spike's character development! A majority of the fandom didn't even know Spike and Scorpan were close friends back in G1! It could happen again, and not just as a coincidence! Actually meant to be! Plus it would give more to Scorpan's story arc so he doesn't have to just make his debut on the show just to try to reunite with Tirek! Wouldn't it be cool if Scorpan was the one who found his egg abandoned or in trouble, and gives it to Celestia for safe keepings, and Celestia sees a great future in Equestria within it? C'mon, that would be the best story arc Spike could ever have on the show! :D --Mega Sean 45 (talk) 22:14, September 30, 2017 (UTC)
- It's an interesting thought and would make an interesting connection to a previous generation of MLP, and a nice way to get Scorpan back into the show were they to do an episode on Spike's origins. It might also be interesting to find out more about dragon biology-we know that they can apparently live for more than a thousand years, but the idea of their eggs remaining fresh all that time would be a new one. Admittedly, it wouldn't be the first time I've heard of dragon eggs being preserved like that, and of course Celestia might always have had something to do with it. It would be even more interesting-in my mind-if Scorpan himself recognized the potential within Spike's egg and thus entrusted it to Celestia.--Kilmarnock228 (talk) 02:35, October 5, 2017 (UTC)
- Yunno what would also be great, Kil? If Scorpan had some kind of connection with the egg when he rescued it. Like if Scorpan were to finally appear on the show and see Spike, y'think the two of them might instantly trust and highly respect eachother? Twilight's the closest thing to a mom Spike has it would seem, as noted in Father Knows Beast, so whoever rescued the egg could be the closest thing he has to a father? Spike was very quick to accept Sludge as his dad, so if we're looking deep into Spike's psychology, I'd think he really wants a father and he doesn't even know it yet! It is possible to want something without even knowing it, it's not changing Spike's character at all! Sometimes characters can develop in the most unexpecting way! Even if Scorpan wasn't the one who found the egg, whoever did, Spike would probably know it - feel it! So it's most likely not Princess Celestia, since she and Spike don't really share much of an emotional connection. Plus, it would be very anti-climatic.
- I know you want Burnferno to be his real dad, in which case he could be, but Scorpan being the closest thing to a "father-figure" could be very well needed for both Spike's character and for the overall arc of season 9! Especially if Tirek's coming back for a team-up revenge next season, this would give Scorpan multiple purposes, and even set Spike up if he turns out to be the big hero in the end! Jeez, my hopes and dreams are bigger than reality! XD --Mega Sean 45 (talk) 15:51, November 12, 2018 (UTC)
How I think Spike and Scorpan's relationship will play out
So I saw some fanart of Spike and Scorpan, and combing it to my ideas, I think I can guess what their episode together would be!
Star Swirl introduces Scorpan to the Mane 6 and Spike, but Scorpan would immediately recognize Spike as the egg he found! I don't think we'll ever see Spike's parents, but I think we might know how his egg came to Celestia! Scorpan would feel bad for not knowing the answers to Spike's family, but Spike would thank him, and say if it wasn't for him, he wouldn't have a family! That's when the two of them become close friends!
Scorpan would see alot of himself in Spike - both being outsiders to ponies but getting along with them great, both were followers of someone close to them, cause Scorpan used to follow Tirek willy-nilly, but knows that only following Tirek would lead to their downfall and his betrayal of Tirek. So he would try to convince Spike to be more independent from Twilight and get a life of his own without her, without being an assistant.
Scorpan would probably rival Twilight with Spike's affections, so it would be hard to choose whether to stay with Twilight, or listen to Scorpan and get a life of his own. We know who he chooses in the end, but whatever happens in the episode they meet, would most likely lead to whatever Spike's destiny would be! I believe Spike's gonna be the hero in the finale, his actions leading to Grogar's downfall, and even though Spike would stay with Twilight, Spike would probably still agree that he does have his own life and will realize that someday, he will have to leave her... but that day hasn't come yet, not by a long shot!
This episode would seem very similar to Father Knows Beast, I know, but it would be a better version of it! Instead of a dragon using Spike, the conflict would be Scorpan being more of an anti-hero, who really cares about Spike, trying to break him apart from Twilight because he thinks it would be best for him. Yeah, that seems too relatable to some of us Spike fans, but hey, Spike never had an identity crisis like this before! His problem in past episodes was knowing who his family is and whether or not he's a good dragon - but a conflict of him trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life was never talked about, him questioning whether or not being an assistant is the way to go, or knowing for sure whether or not Twilight needs him, or just needs help, help meaning from anyone, cause it seems like all of Twilight's friends assist her. We should really have a story like that!
- Definitely an interesting, and fun, proposal. It would be fun to see Scorpan and Spike have some level of interaction. About the only thing I'd like to see as much with Scorpan is him and Tirek meeting up again. Actually, as I think about it, were Spike to befriend Scorpan, the two of them might stand together-among others-against Grogar's legion of doom in the finale.--Kilmarnock228 (talk) 21:43, May 22, 2019 (UTC)
- Another way I see, and this one seems more likely: when Spike finds out that Scorpan found his egg, Spike wants to return the favor and help Scorpan reunite with Tirek, only to find out that he and Cozy are gone. But I would think the conflict of the episode would be that the Mane 6 don't believe Tirek could change, and Scorpan would be really nervous and guilty. That would make this episode pretty similar to The Times They Are A Changeling though, but knowing the writers like to repeat stories, I think it would work in here! Hey, even when Spike tries to give Scorpan confidence, they might both go see Thorax and he would explain how his tough relationship with Pharynx affects his life, so there's some well-needed Spike and Thorax interactions too! Hey if there's anyone that believes anyone could reform, it's Spike, or Starlight, but in this scenario, Spike would be better suited. After all, they were friends in a previous gen, and if Spike's gonna get anywhere near his possible destiny, Scorpan might be his lead! --Mega Sean 45 (talk) 01:37, May 25, 2019 (UTC)