|This page contains information about something recently released. You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.|
|Friendship Gems; Dol-FIN-ale|
|Season episode №:||12|
|Overall episode №:||12|
|Original airdate:||December 12, 2020
|Written by:||Taneka Stotts (Friendship Gems)|
Katie Chilson (Dol-FIN-ale)
|Storyboard:||Francesco Cipolla & Akis Dimitrakopoulos|
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
A Camping We Will Go; Campfire Stories
Potion Mystery; Sick Day
In Friendship Gems, the Mane Six teach Trixie the Magic of Friendship through the crafting of friendship bracelets.
This episode aired on July 26, 2020, on Treehouse TV in Canada, on September 5, 2020 on Boomerang in Australia, on September 10, 2020, on Tiny Pop in the United Kingdom, on September 13, 2020, on Gulli in France and it was released on CANAL+ on-demand service in Poland on September 14, 2020.
At Sugarcube Corner, Fluttershy tells her friends that the results of the Trail Trotters contest to meet dolphin celebrity Finn Tastic are expected to be announced shortly via email. When Fluttershy does not receive the email with the contest results, her friends are about to confess the truth that they are not a real Trail Trotters troop, but Rarity, wanting to spare Fluttershy's feelings further, falsely says she received the email herself and that they won the contest. Overjoyed by this announcement, Fluttershy joins her friends in making friendship bracelets to wear to the meet-and-greet.
Trixie, having been sitting in a nearby booth the entire time, brags about her bracelet-making abilities, but when she tries making a bracelet, she ends up making a huge mess. Trixie confesses that every attempt she makes at friendship ends in disaster, so the Mane Six decide to give her a crash course in friendship. After the montage that follows, Trixie succeeds in making a friendship bracelet, and she thanks the Mane Six for their help.
At a television/movie studio, the Mane Six sneak into Finn Tastic's trailer to meet with him. They explain that they made a fake Trail Trotters troop in order to help Fluttershy meet him, and Finn understands and agrees to meet Fluttershy. When the ponies bring Fluttershy, she becomes elated to meet her favorite celebrity, but Finn reveals that Fluttershy did not actually win the Trail Trotters contest and that her friends lied to her, causing her to run off in tears. Finn explains to the other ponies that he values honesty and that even though Fluttershy is hurt, revealing the truth is for the best.
Fluttershy wanders the studio hurt and angered by her friends' deception, but she slowly comes to the realization that even though her friends' troop was fake, the laughs and memories she made with her friends were real, and they still helped her meet Finn Tastic like she wanted. She returns to Finn's trailer to voice not only her discontent about her friends' actions but also her gratitude for their intentions.
Princess Celestia then enters with the real winners of the Trail Trotters contest: the Cutie Mark Crusaders. In addition, in recognition of the Mane Six's friendship, Celestia appoints them as the leaders of the Crusaders' Trail Trotters troop.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
- Fluttershy: When do we leave?
- Rarity: Uh... wha...
- Fluttershy: What are our travel plans?
- Rarity: Well, I... [stutters]
- Fluttershy: What should we wear?
- Rarity: Ah! Yes! What should we wear? That I can answer!
- Trixie: No one knows more about magic than the Great and Powerful—
- Pinkie Pie: Trixie! Did you just magically appear?
- Trixie: I've been here for five minutes.
- Fluttershy: Friendship is free like a butterfly. That you can put in a jar. Forever.
- Trixie: Trixie the Great and Powerful has become Trixie the Powerfully Grateful. Thanks for showing me the true meaning of friendship. I couldn't have done it without all of you.
- Finn Tastic: I get it. I'd go to crazy lengths to meet me, too.
- Fluttershy: They say don't meet your heroes. But whoever said that never met Finn Tastic!
- Finn Tastic: I've learned in my life that you have to live truthfully... in order to pretend to be a variety of characters on the big screen.
- Fluttershy: I know it's been months...
- Finn Tastic: It's been literal minutes.
- Finn Tastic: You really do have great friends, Fluttershy. Not many ponies would go to these... mmm, dramatic lengths just to make their friend happy.
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie||A New Generation|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|