|My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #93|
|Published:||January 6, 2021|
|Credits • Gallery • Allusions|
Friendship is Magic #92
Friendship is Magic #94
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #93, also titled Season 10 Episode 5 and Day at the Museum, is the ninety-third issue of IDW Publishing's Friendship is Magic comic series. It is the fifth installment of the comics' "Season 10", taking place after the series' season nine. In the issue, Scootaloo's parents Snap Shutter and Mane Allgood return to Ponyville for a visit, and Scootaloo realizes they do not have much in common.
The issue begins at the home of Scootaloo's aunts Holiday and Lofty, where they await the arrival of Scootaloo's parents Snap Shutter and Mane Allgood. Holiday and Lofty tell stories about Snap and Mane's exciting adventures, and Scootaloo is worried they will think her life is boring. When Snap and Mane arrive, Scootaloo is excited to spend the day with them. They bring her to the Canterlot Institute of Creature Research, wanting to share with her their interests in observing Equestrian wildlife. Scootaloo agrees to give this a try, but throughout their time interacting with various creatures, Scootaloo finds it uninteresting or frightening, eventually running away at the prospect of cragadile wrestling.
After a disappointing day out, Scootaloo returns to her aunts' house, where she tearfully confides in them that she does not have the same passion for her parents' interests that they do, and she fears they will never be a real family because of that. Holiday and Lofty assure Scootaloo that love is what makes a family, not having the same interests, and they encourage her to talk with her parents and share her own interests with them.
The next day, during an ice cream breakfast, Scootaloo confesses to her parents that she did not enjoy anything they did together the day before and that she did not speak up out of fear of disappointing them. Snap and Mane tell Scootaloo she could never disappoint them, and they let her choose their activities for the day. Scootaloo shows them the Cutie Mark Crusaders' clubhouse, where they help ponies find their true purpose, and she shows off her water-skiing skills, which greatly impresses Snap and Mane. They tell Scootaloo that even though they are not around very often, they will always take an interest in her life and who she is growing up to be. The comic ends with the three going water-skiing together as a family.
- Aunt Holiday: I'll help your aunt with these lemon bars.
- Auntie Lofty: Oh good, another pony who doesn't know a whisk from a water buffalo.
- Aunt Holiday: You're about to sass your way right out of good help.
- Snap Shutter: Crikey! What was that?
- Scootaloo: Aunt Holiday trying to help Auntie Lofty bake.
- Snap Shutter: Sounds right.
- Aunt Holiday: I heard that!
- Snap Shutter: Cragadile wrangling! A family tradition.
- Mane Allgood: We need to study their teeth, see how many they've lost. It's how we make sure the cragadiles are healthy.
- Scootaloo: Their teeth?!
- Scootaloo: Do you guys... Do you guys really enjoy all this? Like it's fun?
- Mane Allgood: Well, yes, Scoot.
- Snap Shutter: That's why we do it together.
- Mane Allgood: We wanted you to love this kind of work like we do. After all... you're family.
- Aunt Holiday and Auntie Lofty: Sweetie-loo, what's wrong?
- Scootaloo: What if I'm not the daughter they want?
- Auntie Lofty: Well, you wanna know something? You're the daughter we want.
- Aunt Holiday: She's right. Becoming your full-time parents was the best thing that ever happened to us.
- Snap Shutter: You've never disappointed us, Scoot. Don't know how you could start now.
- Snap Shutter: Thing is, we're not around much.
- Mane Allgood: We love your letters, but they aren't enough to tell us everything--the things you like, who you're growing into.
- Snap Shutter: But we always want to know.
- Mane Allgood: Because whoever you become, you'll always be our daughter.