|My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #95|
|Published:||February 17, 2021|
|Credits • Gallery • Allusions|
Friendship is Magic #94
Friendship is Magic #96
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #95, also titled Season 10 Episode 7 and Something There That Wasn't There Before - Part 2, is the ninety-fifth issue of IDW Publishing's Friendship is Magic comic series. It is the seventh installment of the comics' "Season 10", taking place after the series' season nine, and the second part of a two-part story arc. In the issue, Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich race to find a solution to the Muffletta Moss and return sound to Canterlot before the Festival of the Two Sisters is ruined.
Picking up where the previous issue left off, ponies in Canterlot are in a panic over all the sound being gone, and a strange moss has spread all over the city. At Canterlot Castle, Twilight Sparkle (wordlessly) explains to her friends that the moss is called Muffletta Moss, a magical moss that absorbs sound and multiplies exponentially when exposed to sunlight and water. With the amount of moss growing around Canterlot, it can even block out the sound of a sonic rainboom. Twilight directs her friends to calm the soundless chaos around the city while she does more research on the Muffletta Moss.
Twilight's friends and Fluttershy's animal friends try to quell as much chaos around Canterlot as they can, but Cheese Sandwich appears guilt-ridden over the crisis he believes he caused. When Pinkie Pie cheers him up, the two have some fun together splashing in rain puddles, and they discover that their laughter has sound. With some testing, they realize that while forced laughter is silent, genuine laughter not only has sound but also causes the Muffletta Moss to shrink and wither. Thus, they come up with an idea.
Pinkie and Cheese put on a stage comedy show in the middle of the city, and the non-muffled sound of laughter attracts a large crowd of ponies. Before long, the streets of Canterlot are filled with laughter. When Twilight overhears this from the castle, she invites everyone in the city to attend Pinkie and Cheese's comedy show. After a few hours, the Muffletta Moss is eradicated, and all sound returns to Canterlot. Twilight gives a public speech about the joy that laughter brings to officially ring in the Festival of the Two Sisters. Discord appears in the crowd next to Fluttershy, having removed himself from the situation so the ponies could solve the crisis on their own.
After Twilight's speech, Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich take a walk together. Cheese continues to express guilt over causing the Muffletta Moss to spread, but Pinkie assures him it was an accident, and she is happy to share laughs with him again. Having wanted to tell Cheese something important earlier, Pinkie admits that she has been acting strange all day and confesses that she loves laughing with him—that their laughs are "better together". Cheese confesses to his own strange behavior and happily agrees with Pinkie's sentiment. The two walk off sharing jokes and laughing together as their adventure comes to an end.
- Twilight Sparkle: --It's almost fitting that today, of all days, the sound of laughter--genuine laughter--was the solution to our problems. When they were foals, the two sisters Celestia and Luna bonded with laughter. And it's laughter, the sound of friendship, that we celebrate today.
- Fluttershy: Discord! Where were you? When the Muffletta silenced everything, you disappeared! We could have used your help.
- Discord: You said, "Doing things for ourselves is important." So, I let you do for yourselves. Besides, it was funnier.
- Pinkie Pie: I was afraid for a while I'd never hear anything again. And then we did. And it was the best sound in the world. Our laughter.
- Pinkie Pie: I love laughing with you. And our laughs are just better together.
- Cheese Sandwich: Not just better. They're the best.
- Cheese Sandwich: You know, this was quiet the adventure we had.
- Pinkie Pie: That's a sound observation, Cheese.
- Thom Zahler (2021-02-17). @ImperfectXIII I don't know if it's official, but my notes have it as "Something There That Wasn't There Before.". Twitter. Retrieved on 2021 February 17.