|This page contains information about something recently released. You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.|
|Game Knight; Director Spike's Mockumentary|
|Season episode №:||21|
|Overall episode №:||21|
|Written by:||Taneka Stotts (Game Knight)|
Dave Horwitz (Director Spike's Mockumentary)
|Storyboard:||Jacinth Tan Yi Ting & Oriol Vidal|
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
The Mysterious Voice; The 5 Habits of Highly Effective Ponies
Whoof-dunnit; Dear Tabby
In Game Knight, Twilight Sparkle makes a new board game for her friends, but they find all of its rules boring.
The Mane Six return to the Golden Oak Library after a day out in sunny weather. As soon as they are indoors, a sudden cold snap hits Ponyville, causing the Mane Six to be snowed in. As the Mane Six wonder how to pass the time until the cold weather breaks, Twilight Sparkle suggests they play a tabletop role-playing game she created called Tails of Canterlot, but her friends are put off by the extensive amount of rules involved in the game.
When the Mane Six want to forego most of the rules and play their own way with the game's various playsets and figures, Twilight gets extremely frustrated. It is revealed that the sudden cold weather was caused by Twilight's weather-controlling machine. When her friends refuse to play her game the way she intended, she turns the machine off, urges them to simply go outside, and storms away.
A short while later, Twilight overhears her friends still playing with the Tails of Canterlot sets and making up their own imaginary adventures. They explain that the game is still fun when they are not bound to the restrictive rules Twilight made. When Twilight's friends ask her to join their current campaign, Twilight decides not to be such a stickler for rules, and the ponies spend the rest of the day playing.
Director Spike's Mockumentary
Spike returns to Ponyville after spending a week away at a film-making class. For his first class assignment, he decides to make a documentary about the Mane Six and their daily activities at Sugarcube Corner. However, once the ponies are in front of the camera, they become very nervous and are unable to act natural. Only Rarity feels comfortable being filmed, but she sees Spike's assignment merely as a way to become famous.
Unable to capture any useful footage, Spike becomes frustrated and leaves, but he intentionally leaves the camera running. Believing the camera to be turned off, the Mane Six are able to relax and act natural. Some time later, Spike shows his friends the footage he put together at a private screening, and it is met with the ponies' overwhelming praise. When asked what kind of movie he is going to make next, Spike considers a combination of ideas that the Mane Six suggested earlier in the episode.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
- Applejack: Uh, am I crazy, or did the temperature just drop a few degrees?
- Pinkie Pie: Ponyville looks like a horse-sicle!
- Fluttershy: Twilight, this doesn't have anything to do with the weather-controlling machine you've been working on, does it?
- Twilight Sparkle: Nope! Not at all!
- Rarity: Let's play Perfect Pitch-tionary! We just need a dictionary, a tuning fork, and a croque monsieur!
- Twilight Sparkle: What's the fancy sandwich for?
- Rarity: Me, darling! I'm starving!
- Rarity: [reading] "From here, you spend six hours speaking in front of the Council of Elders to earn your knighthood." Six hours?!
- Twilight Sparkle: You think it's easy to be a knight? Ooooh, you're gonna want to flip to page 402 for the backstory on that!
- Rarity: Darling, while I appreciate the drama, I feel we're ignoring your dominion over the weather and the fact that you're using it willy-nilly.
- Twilight Sparkle: For Canterlot!
- Rest of Mane Six: For Canterlot!
Director Spike's Mockumentary
- Twilight Sparkle: [stilted] I was... frosting these cakes. Right, Rainbow Dash?
- Rainbow Dash: Yes! You were! [stilted] And I was finishing... a batch... of... frosting?
- Fluttershy: I'm suddenly very aware of my hooves! What do I normally do with them?!
- They call me R-A-R-I-T-Y
- I'm the finest filly, and that's no lie
- I'm Rar—!
- Spike: If you guys can't be yourselves in front of my camera, I don't want to be behind it!
- Spike: [narrating] Friendships like this only come around once in a while. And if you're lucky, you catch some moments when nopony else is watching.
- Pinkie Pie: What's next for you, Mr. Director?
- Spike: I don't know. Maybe a sci-fi Western romance with a musical component.
The Best of the Worst
How Applejack Got Her Hat Back
Bad Thing No. 3
Pinkie Pie: Hyper-Helper
The Trail Less Trotten
Death of a Sales-Pony
The Fluttershy Effect
The Fast and the Furriest
Badge of Shame
A Camping We Will Go
Meet Potion Nova!
Pony Surfin' Safari
All Bottled Up
All That Jitters
Ponies of the Moment
One Click Wonder
Don't Look a GIF Horse in the Mouth
The Root of It
The Mysterious Voice
The 5 Habits of Highly Effective Ponies
Director Spike's Mockumentary
Pie vs. Pie
The Debut Taunt
The Rarity Report
The Great Divide
The Great Collide
Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|