|Season episode №:||CS5|
|Overall episode №:||227|
|Original airdate:|| TBA
|Written by:||Josh Haber|
|Song:||Raise This Barn|
| credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
Deep Tissue Memories
Memories and More
Harvesting Memories is the fifth episode of the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic mini-series Friendship is Forever. It is the fifth of six clip show episodes that feature footage from previous episodes.
ProductionThis episode aired on 9Go! and was released on the 9Now on-demand service in Australia on May 18, 2020.
At Sweet Apple Acres, Starlight Glimmer and Spike ask Applejack to reminisce on old times with Twilight Sparkle so that they can collect more memories for the magical scrapbook. Despite the less-than-honest nature of her task, Applejack accepts, but Spike decides to stick around on the farm and do all the talking for her in case she cannot help her open truthfulness. Spike brings Twilight to the farm under the pretense of needing her to inspect the apples that Applejack is using for Twilight's upcoming coronation.
When Twilight arrives to the farm, Spike immediately initiates a conversation about Twilight's favorite times when Applejack was honest, like saving Twilight from a cliff fall, being a fashion contest judge, and revealing the truth about Flim and Flam's miracle tonic. Spike also recalls Applejack's least honest moment. Before Applejack becomes too honest about her motives for bringing Twilight to the farm, Spike mentions Applejack's love for her family, like when she organized the big Apple family reunion.
Spike shoves Twilight into the barn, and he and Starlight urge Applejack to be more secretive so that she does not spoil the surprise. Applejack believes letting Spike do all the talking will rouse Twilight's suspicion, so Starlight allows her to speak more freely. Inside the barn, Applejack offhandedly recalls the time her family raised a barn from the ground up, and Twilight remembers Applejack's bizarre original method of doing chores. This causes Twilight, Applejack, and Spike to recount past moments of Applejack's weirdness, like reading a bedtime story to a tree, adopting a fashionista alter ego, shrinking to miniature size, becoming overly protective of Apple Bloom, and adopting a country singer alter ego.
Unable to contain her honesty any further, Applejack reveals the real reason she brought Twilight to the farm: with all the craziness from saving Equestria and planning the coronation, Applejack just wanted to spend some quiet time reminiscing with Twilight. Twilight is more than happy to accommodate Applejack's wishes, and she starts recalling her favorite memories of Applejack, such as when they first met, taking part in Winter Wrap Up together, and facing Queen Chrysalis together. Applejack also realizes that if she had never met Twilight, she never would have gone on adventures to Manehattan, the Peaks of Peril, or the Flame Geyser Swamp.
As Twilight and Spike leave to take care of other coronation duties, Starlight Glimmer admits that she and Spike should have let Applejack handle things on her own. Applejack remarks that she may be honest, but even she knows how not to spoil a surprise.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
- Starlight Glimmer: I know you're uncomfortable not telling the truth, soooo...
- Applejack: It's true I ain't fond of lyin', but I think I can handle it in my own way.
- Starlight Glimmer: [imitating Twilight Sparkle] Oh, hi there, Applejack! It's always so great to see you!
- Spike: What's your favorite time that Applejack was honest, Twilight?
- Twilight Sparkle: Gee, Spike, that's an odd question.
- Applejack: [laughs] I am pretty honest.
- Applejack: I reckon what really set me against lyin' was seein' how it affected my family. And you're about as close to family as a pony can get, Twilight.
- Starlight Glimmer: Applejack, are you trying to ruin the surprise?
- Applejack: I don't see how I could. Spike won't let me get a word in edgewise!
- Spike: I've never heard that story.
- Twilight Sparkle: What are you talking about? You were there!
- Twilight Sparkle: You've always been such a good friend. I don't know what I would have done without you.
- Applejack: I feel the same way. If I hadn't met you, I might not have ever left the farm or had any adventures at all.
- Twilight Sparkle: I feel pretty lucky we're friends.
- Applejack: Honestly, so do I.
- ↑ Jim Miller (2020-04-20). @flaregun45 Not exactly. There’s only about a single episode’s worth of new content in all 6 clip shows.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2020 April 20.
| Episode 1|
| Episode 2|
The Best of the Worst
| Episode 3|
| Episode 4|
How Applejack Got Her Hat Back
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|