|My Little Pony: Legends of Magic #9|
|Published:||December 27, 2017|
| Gallery • Allusions • IDW Publishing|
IDW Limited • IDW Publishing Forums
Legends of Magic #8
Legends of Magic #10
My Little Pony: Legends of Magic #9 is the ninth issue of IDW Publishing's My Little Pony: Legends of Magic comic series. In the issue, Stygian and Rockhoof recruit Mage Meadowbrook for Stygian's quest to save his village from the sirens.
Picking up where the previous issue left off, the animals of Hayseed Swamp—turned aggressive by a recently growing fungus—continue to march on the home of Mage Meadowbrook. As Meadowbrook continues working on a cure, Rockhoof barricades the door to stop the animals from getting inside, and Stygian uses Meadowbrook's collection of potions to hold the animals off from the upstairs window.
Rockhoof manages to keep the animals at bay with relative success, but Stygian's haphazard potion-throwing accidentally causes some of them to become physically powerful, and they manage to break through the door. Fortunately, Meadowbrook administers her cure at the last second, and the animals return to normal.
With the crisis dealt with, Meadowbrook agrees to help Stygian save his home from the Dazzlings. When Meadowbrook wonders how they are going to get past the sirens, Stygian says he has someone in mind. As the trio travels together, Rockhoof and Meadowbrook pass the time with conversation, but Stygian is preoccupied with thoughts about his home and fellow village ponies.
After some time of traveling, the three arrive at the training camp for the Royal Legion of Cloudsdale, where Rockhoof gets into a good-natured soldier-to-soldier shouting match with on-duty guard Grimhoof. When Stygian asks Grimhoof about the whereabouts of Flash Magnus, Grimhoof explains that Flash has been called to the front lines of an impending war with the dragons.
- Rockhoof: Is there no lock on this door? No bolt or anything?
- Mage Meadowbrook: I live in the middle of the swamp. Who's gonna break in?
- Mage Meadowbrook: I used to travel all the time, but after I got stuck in a village full of zombie ponies... well, I decided I'd rather be a homebody.
- Stygian: Wait, zombie ponies?
- Mage Meadowbrook: That's a legend for another time, friend.
- Mage Meadowbrook: That was tasty.
- Rockhoof: I think I'm in love.
- Rockhoof: You?! A guard?! What, did the wind blow away all the scarecrows? You don't look like you could guard a secret! Ya bony—
- Grimhoof: Who do you think you are!
- Stygian: Gentlemen, there's no need to fight—
- Rockhoof: —Fight? We're not gonna fight. I was just giving this puny flyin pony a hard time.
- Grimhoof: This one's not a soldier, eh?
- Stygian: Did you understand any of that?
- Mage Meadowbrook: I guess they're friends now.
- Stygian: I wanna go back to studying shells.
- Rockhoof: Rockhoof fought a volcano and won. Rockhoof changed the course of a river. Rockhoof once ate an entire boat of oats in one sitting. Whatever pesky creature is giving you trouble, Rockhoof can handle it!
- Stygian: Dragons!
- Rockhoof: I... uh... I may have spoken too soon.