|Meet Potion Nova!; Pony Surfin' Safari|
|Season episode №:||14|
|Overall episode №:||14|
|Original airdate:||December 19, 2020
|Written by:||Whitney Ralls (Meet Potion Nova!)|
Katie Chilson (Pony Surfin' Safari)
|Storyboard:||Giuseppe Dell'Olio & Estrela Lourenço|
|Featured characters:||Potion Nova|
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
Potion Mystery; Sick Day
All Bottled Up; All That Jitters
In Meet Potion Nova!, the Mane Six meet the mysterious pony who provides all of their magical potions.
In Pony Surfin' Safari, Applejack pressures her friends to do activities as a group while they are on vacation.
Meet Potion Nova!
At Sugarcube Corner, the Mane Six are bored, with Twilight lamenting that they mostly get into comedic situations instead of going on adventures like they used to, and are desperate for something exciting to happen. Just then, the unicorn from the end of Potion Mystery appears. She introduces herself as a potion maker named Potion Nova and reveals she is the one who restocks Pinkie's fridge with potions every night. However, her own potion supply has run dry, and she asks the Mane Six to escort her safely to the Potion Ocean so she can replenish her supply.
Twilight Sparkle, having been excited to meet Potion Nova and become her apprentice, jumps at this opportunity to go on an adventure. All throughout the journey to the Potion Ocean, she expects to run into multiple magical obstacles, but the journey is mostly mundane, with Potion Nova saying not all magic has to be flashy and exciting. When the group finally reaches the Potion Ocean, Twilight appreciates its beauty.
When asked why she needed the Mane Six's help for such a harmless adventure, Potion Nova admits that she simply needed help carrying her new supply of potions and that she enjoyed the ponies' company. She also decides to take Twilight on as her apprentice, and Twilight is overjoyed.
Pony Surfin' Safari
The Mane Six are on vacation at the Potion Ocean, and Potion Nova warns them to stay away from a magical part of the ocean called the Cute Triangle or else risk being lost forever. Wanting herself and her friends to do an activity as a group, Applejack tries desperately to get everyone to roast marshmallows together, even pulling them away from activities they would prefer doing instead. Potion Nova tells Applejack not to worry about it.
The next morning, Applejack wakes her friends up early to go on a surfing safari together, but the others set off on their own as soon as they get on the water. Fed up, Applejack angrily tells her friends to stay together inside a formation of three rocks. This rock formation turns out to be the Cute Triangle, and its magic drags the Mane Six below the water.
With the ponies unable to escape, Applejack apologizes to her for forcing group activities upon them. Using some of the objects around them and "some good old-fashioned friendship magic", the Mane Six escape the Cute Triangle and return to the surface. A short while later, the Mane Six and Potion Nova roast marshmallows together, and Applejack tells Potion Nova that she was right all along.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
Meet Potion Nova!
- Twilight Sparkle: What happened to us?! We used to go on adventures! Fight evil! Regale each other with lore!
- Pinkie Pie: Hmm... Lately, it does seem like we get into less adventures and more... comedic situations.
- Potion Nova: I'm Potion Nova! The potionista behind all your silliest potions!
- Twilight Sparkle: Say, have you ever considered... oh, I don't know... taking on an apprentice? [...] Oh, no, I dropped my resume! I'm so embarrassed! And also qualified.
- Twilight Sparkle: I knew we were going on an adventure! Time to get the gang back together!
- Pinkie Pie: 'Kay. We're back together.
- Twilight Sparkle: Look! A magical bridge! I bet we have to answer a riddle from a troll in order to cross! You! Troll! Give me your riddle!
- Stranger Pony: I'm not a troll. I'm just trying to cross this bridge, too.
- Twilight Sparkle: Or is that part of the riddle, huh? Huh?
- Potion Nova: Not all magic has to be big-explosive-showy. Magic's all around us. Which means it's kind of normal.
- Twilight Sparkle: If the journey wasn't full of dangerous magic, why did you need us?
- Potion Nova: Ha! You joking? I can't lift all this potion myself. Only got four hooves. [giggles]
- Twilight Sparkle: You just needed some pack mules?
Pony Surfin' Safari
- Applejack: Time for our first group activity - a bonfire!
- Applejack: What part of "group activity" do we not seem to be gettin' here?!
- Applejack: I just don't see the point of vacationin' together if we're not gonna be together.
- Applejack: We're havin' a fun day out as a group. No talkin', no snacks, no caves, no distractions! Just fun! Everypony stay in between these three rocks! Nopony allowed outside the boundaries! WE! STICK! TOGETHER!
- Potion Nova: I guessed how many gumballs were in the gumball machine at the beach bodega.
- Twilight Sparkle: And you won?
- Potion Nova: Nope. I was totally off. [giggles] But I was the only one who entered, so they gave it to me anyway!
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie||A New Generation|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|