- The correct title of this issue is "My Little Pony/Transformers II Issue 1". Due to technical limitations, the slash is removed from the article title.
|My Little Pony/Transformers II #1|
|Published:||April 28, 2021|
|Writer:||James Asmus (pp. 1-10)|
Sam Maggs (pp. 11-20)
|Artist:||Jack Lawrence (pp. 1-10)|
Casey W. Coller (pp. 11-20)
|Colorist:||Luis Antonio Delgado (pp. 1-10)|
Joana Lafuente (pp. 11-20)
|Letterer:||Jake M. Wood (pp. 1-10)|
Neil Uyetake (pp. 11-20)
|Credits • Gallery • Allusions|
My Little Pony/Transformers #4
My Little Pony/Transformers II #2
My Little Pony/Transformers II #1 is the first issue of IDW Publishing's crossover comic miniseries My Little Pony/Transformers: The Magic of Cybertron. In the issue, the Decepticons attempt to bring Equestrian magic to Cybertron and end up unleashing a powerful force of evil that threatens their world.
The Magic of Cybertron
Following the conclusion of My Little Pony/Transformers, Megatron and his Decepticon forces attempt to bring Equestrian magic to their world of Cybertron in order to defeat the Autobots. In Equestria, several Decepticons seek out artifacts of magical power, with Airachnid and Shadow Striker obtaining a strange black crystal in the Arctic North. In Las Pegasus, Starscream, Slipstream, and Thundercracker crash a DJ Pon-3/Octavia Melody concert that the Mane Six happen to be attending, and in Cloudsdale, the Wonderbolts fly through a portal to Cybertron and are immediately captured.
The Decepticons return to Cybertron with the artifacts they obtained, and the Mane Six follow. When Twilight Sparkle fires upon them with her magic, she strikes the black crystal. It explodes, and King Sombra emerges; having only lost his physical form in the season nine premiere and reconstituted himself in crystal form, he has regained a physical body by absorbing Twilight's magic. To prevent yet another defeat by the Mane Six, Sombra immediately puts Twilight, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie under his mind control. He does the same with some of the Decepticons, including Megatron, Breakdown, Frenzy, and Airachnid.
Sombra takes the mind-controlled ponies and Decepticons to build an army and conquer Cybertron. Optimus Prime, Arcee, and Greenlight, alerted by Sombra's appearance, arrive to assess the situation. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity admonish the Decepticons for underestimating how dangerous Equestrian magic is, and before Shockwave can protest, the ponies propose that the only way to stop Sombra is for the Autobots and Decepticons to work together.
A Real Mother
When Scootaloo goes missing into Cybertron, her aunts Holiday and Lofty follow her through a spacebridge portal in order to save her. Arcee and Greenlight appear and offer to help Holiday and Lofty find their niece, but they are all found by the gigantic, Sombra-controlled Decepticon Killmaster.
Arcee and Greenlight protect Holiday and Lofty and fire their blasters at Killmaster, but he deflects their shots back at them with his magic wand. Holiday and Lofty assist the Autobots by tying Killmaster up with yarn, but he quickly breaks free. With some teamwork, the ponies and Autobots tangle Killmaster up in yarn, and Arcee sends him flying away in her vehicle form.
At that moment, Scootaloo appears, having befriended Gauge and a group of young Autobots while on Cybertron. With Scootaloo safe and unharmed, Holiday, Lofty, Arcee, and Greenlight decide to sit and relax while Scootaloo and her new Cybertronian friends play together.
The Magic of Cybertron
- Breakdown: Frenzy. What the scrap are you reading?!
- Frenzy: Eh... it's a funny book from that pony world. One of 'em gave is a bunch a' presents... in between fights.
- Breakdown: And you actually... like it?
- Thundercracker: Little ponies! If you surrender all magical items with no resistance--the show will return after these messages.
- Pinkie Pie: Hey! It's the alien change-o-bot bad guys!
- Twilight Sparkle: Decepticons.
- King Sombra: Tremble before your master!
- Sludge: --Is that... Unicron?!
- King Sombra: Nay! I am the all-powerful-- UNICORN! You creatures may call me King Sombra!
- Twilight Sparkle: We destroyed you!
- King Sombra: You merely dispelled me. Mystical ashes into the wind. But left me to... slowly re-gather my essence in crystal form. I just needed a spark of magic to revive.
- Megatron: All. Hail. Sombra!
- Arcee: What the-- Ponies?!
- Greenlight: Whoa. You were not kidding when you described them.
- Optimus Prime: Shockwave... what have you done?
- Rarity: While I appreciate your "tough" motif, darlings, believe me when I say--the only way we stop this... is as friends!
- Starscream: We're doomed.
A Real Mother
- Auntie Lofty: I'm Lofty--this is my gal, Holiday.
- Aunt Holiday: And we lost our sweet lil' niece when she got teleported to this here planet!
- Arcee: I'm Arcee, and this is my "gal", Greenlight.
- Greenlight: Attempting to replicate their parlance in order to make them feel more comfortable. Wise move.
- Arcee: Yyyyes, exactly my plan.
- Killmaster: Prepare to meet your doom! At the hands of KILLMASTER!
- Auntie Lofty: ...That's one of those Sombra-controlled baddies.
- Arcee: His real name is "Murderking."
- Aunt Holiday: A little on-the-snout, but okay.
- Arcee: Leave our planet. This magic doesn't belong here!
- Killmaster: Sombra could rule every planet if he so chose! And he does choose! So there!
- Scootaloo: I made some new friends!
- Aunt Holiday: We shoulda figured.
- Auntie Lofty: 'Atta girl.
- Arcee: Ah. Well, then.
- Greenlight: It seems children are similar everywhere.
- Auntie Lofty: Weirdest playdate I've ever been on.
- Arcee: At least they're keeping themselves out of trouble.
- Aunt Holiday: More than I can say for us.
- Greenlight: You are strong fighters. We will ponysit any time.