- The correct title of this issue is "My Little Pony/Transformers II Issue 2". Due to technical limitations, the slash is removed from the article title.
|My Little Pony/Transformers II #2|
|Published:||May 26, 2021|
|Writer:||Ian Flynn (pp. 1-10)|
Sam Maggs (pp. 11-20)
|Artist:||Priscilla Tramontano (pp. 1-10)|
Trish Forstner (pp. 11-20)
|Colorist:||Joana Lafuente (pp. 1-10)|
Luis Antonio Delgado (pp. 11-20)
|Letterer:||Jake M. Wood (pp. 1-10)|
Neil Uyetake (pp. 11-20)
|Credits • Gallery • Allusions|
My Little Pony/Transformers II #1
My Little Pony/Transformers II #3
My Little Pony/Transformers II #2 is the second issue of IDW Publishing's crossover comic miniseries My Little Pony/Transformers: The Magic of Cybertron. In the issue, the Wonderbolts and Starscream's Seekers form an uneasy alliance to stop King Sombra, and Applejack has a Wild West-style showdown with Wildwheel.
Rainbow Dash, the Wonderbolts, Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp have teamed up to go after King Sombra, but Starscream voices his aggravation over this alliance and contempt toward the "powerless" ponies, not helped by Rainbow Dash mocking him over his past defeat. As Spitfire advises Rainbow not to antagonize the Decepticons, the group comes under attack by ponies and Cybertronians under Sombra's mind control.
Starscream orders Thundercracker and Skywarp to return fire, but they are hesitant to attack their fellow Decepticons, and Soarin says they are only supposed to incapacitate Sombra's forces so that they can break his mind control over them. As the Wonderbolts are barely able to avoid the incoming lasers, Rainbow Dash comes up with a plan. She and the other Wonderbolts execute an aerial maneuver that conceals the Seekers' positions with thunderclouds, then Rainbow dives down and blows through the mind-controlled ponies and Cybertronians with a sonic rainboom, allowing the Seekers to capture them with net missiles.
With the battle over, Thundercracker quietly suggests using this opportunity to eliminate the Autobots, but Skywarp says they can use them as expendable soldiers in upcoming battles. Meanwhile, Starscream gloats that once the mind-controlled Autobots and Decepticons are back to normal, they will eagerly follow him into combat as their new leader. His speech is interrupted, however, as Thundercracker, Skywarp, and the Wonderbolts cheer for Rainbow Dash.
A lone Applejack wanders the rusty deserts of the Cybertronian wilderness in search of a way home. During her travels, she encounters the Autobot-turned-Decepticon Wildwheel, who confronts Applejack for wandering into his territory. Applejack says she is just passing through, but Wildwheel refuses to let her pass, resulting in a tense Wild West-style showdown, with Applejack wielding a lasso and Wildwheel brandishing a laser whip.
When a third voice suddenly speaks up, Applejack and Wildwheel attack its source and incapacitate the Sombra-controlled Predacon Quickstrike. Applejack and Wildwheel commend each other for their quick-drawing skills. When Wildwheel raises his whip to attack again, Applejack braces herself, but it turns out that Wildwheel was aiming for the mind-controlled Autobot Skids sneaking up on her.
Applejack is surprised that a Decepticon would save her; Wildwheel explains that mind-controlled Cybertronians have been frequently showing up in his territory, and he acknowledges the threat King Sombra poses to the entire planet. In recognition of Applejack's skill, Wildwheel proposes a team-up and offers to help her get back home. Applejack accepts Wildwheel's offer, and they walk off into the sunset together.
- Starscream: The indignity! The fact anyone would think I'd need air support from a bunch of tiny, powerless ponies is an insult!
- Rainbow Dash: You sure about that? The way Rarity tells it, you lost a fight to your own cape!
- Starscream: Insolence! When this is over, I'll show you how a true warrior of the skies performs!
- Rainbow Dash: Any time, any place, Star-whimper!
- Starscream: Blast them!
- Soarin: Hold on! We're supposed to disable anypony we find so we can break Sombra's enchantment!
- Skywarp: The flyin' glue bottle's right. We can't make an army out of dead soldiers.
- Rainbow Dash: Hey! What's-your-name... Shrink Wrap?
- Skywarp: Skywarp!
- Soarin: That was terrifying!
- Spitfire: Eh, all in all, flying through the hurricane that one time was way worse.
- Wave Chill: The hurricane wasn't shooting at us, captain.
- Starscream: Autobot and Decepticon will follow me into glorious combat! Their allegiance born of humility of their defeat and gratitude of my mercy! "King" Sombra will be toppled! And all voices will raise as one to praise--!
- Thundercracker: Three cheers for Rainbow Dash!
- Applejack: [narrating] I'm wanderin' an uncharted territory. A cowpony blazing a trail home in an unforgiving land. But like Pinkie always says... Follow the sun, trusty steed, and you'll be just fine. 'Course, I don't even know if this is the same sun as back home. Probably not, right? Hang on, how does space work? Aw, never mind.
- Wildwheel: I'm Wildwheel. And this here territory is under my protection.
- Applejack: You're in my way.
- Wildwheel: You're on my land.
- Applejack: That was some mighty fine shootin' there, tin top.
- Wildwheel: You're not so bad with that whip yourself, steed.
- Skids: Sombra... I failed ya...
- Applejack: You... saved me.
- Wildwheel: These mind-controlled freaks won't stop showin' up. Seems to me they're more a threat to this here planet than any pony.
- Applejack: Don't underestimate us ponies.
- Wildwheel: I don't... Not anymore.
- Wildwheel: I'll help you find your way home. You've earned my respect, horse.
- Applejack: Well, I reckon you weren't too bad yerself!
- Wildwheel: So, you're telling me it's a planet... of all magic?
- Applejack: Oh, yeah. You're gonna love it. I have a friend who can make us matching hats!