|Season episode №:||11|
|Overall episode №:||102|
|Original airdate:||June 27, 2015|
|Story by:||Jayson Thiessen & Jim Miller|
|Written by:||Nick Confalone|
|Storyboard:||Sabrina Alberghetti and Nicole Wang|
|Featured characters:||Prince Rutherford|
| credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
Production and development
On Twitter, writer Nick Confalone on May 5, 2015 noted "secrets hidden in plain sight" of Enterplay collectible card game Absolute Discord #7 C card mentioning Yakyakistan, on May 19, 2015 stated that this episode "is weird," that "[t]he original title was Journey to the Center of Pinkie Pie," and that "the original pitch was 'I dunno, it'll be like seven years in tibet, but with pinkie pie instead of brad pitt?'",[sic] in late June 2015 told that he wrote the episode over a year earlier, and on June 26, 2015 clarified that his "this episode is weird" wasn't meant to be a Cheese Sandwich reference.
This episode remains unaired on Canada's Treehouse TV.
The scene when the Mane Six discover Pinkie's lair reappears in Cakes for the Memories.
PrologueAt the Castle of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle is nervous about the soon-to-arrive royal delegation from the remote region of Yakyakistan. Noting the region's previous isolation from the rest of Equestria, Twilight hopes to make a good first impression for when Princess Celestia arrives later.
When the delegation led by yak Prince Rutherford appears, Twilight greets them and offers a banquet of traditional yak cuisine as a show of goodwill. Unfortunately, Prince Rutherford hates the food, and he and his fellow short-tempered yaks proceed to demolish the castle foyer.
- "If things not perfect, yaks get mad. Yaks always get mad when things not perfect!"
- — Prince Rutherford
Clash of culturesAs the Mane Six clean up the mess that the yaks made, Twilight asks Pinkie Pie to show the yaks around Ponyville and try to make them feel at home until the friendship party later that evening.
At Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack fashions beds of hay for the yaks to rest on during their stay in Ponyville. However, because the beds are not made from Yakyakistan hay, Rutherford and the yaks are displeased, and they demolish the inside of the barn. Pinkie Pie tries to appease the yaks with a tea party with Fluttershy's animal friends, all wearing yak antlers. But when the yaks discover the antlers that the animals are wearing are fake, they trample over the tea party.
At Carousel Boutique, Rarity appeals to the yaks with Crystal Empire-imported fabric. Believing the fabric to be edible, the yaks start eating it. Outraged that it isn't Yakyakistan fabric, they trample over everything in the boutique as well. Finally, Pinkie Pie has Rainbow Dash make a blanket of snow so the cold-accustomed yaks feel more at home. Unfortunately, the yaks are still not satisfied.
Leave it to Pinkie
Back at the castle, the Mane Six discuss the yaks' disastrous visit so far, and Pinkie is under more pressure than ever in making the friendship party a success. Though incredibly nervous, Pinkie assures her friends that she can pull it off.Pinkie returns to Sugarcube Corner and confides in Gummy about the stress she is under. As she worries about how to make the party feel like Yakyakistan, she gets an idea. When her friends go to check in on her, they only find a note saying she'll be back in time for the party. During this, yet another attempt to please the yaks ends badly.
Meanwhile, Pinkie rides the Friendship Express to the Crystal Empire, but she is forced to stop at Dodge Junction because of sheep obstructing the train tracks. Luckily, Cherry Jubilee is on her way to the Empire to make a delivery of cherries, and she lets Pinkie Pie hitch a ride. However, because Cherry and her stagecoach ponies spent the previous night picking cherries, they are considerably fatigued and end up steering the stagecoach into a ravine.
The yaks declare warBack in Ponyville, Spike appears to successfully entertain the yaks with his piano playing. But when Spike steps away from the piano and it keeps playing on its own, the yaks realize it's a self-playing piano. Fed up, the yaks not only decide to leave but also declare war on Equestria.
Through a series of odd coincidences and musical misadventures, Pinkie Pie makes it to the northern borders of the Crystal Empire, guided there by Princess Cadance. After a run-in with a monstrous yeti/baboon-like creature, Pinkie finally arrives at Yakyakistan's gates and leaps aboard a young yak's sled. However, just before the yak can lead her through the gates, the sled slides back down the slope and carries her all the way back to Ponyville, thus making her entire journey a wasted effort.
Pinkie's party caveAs Twilight laments her failure at Sugarcube Corner with her friends, she accidentally opens a trap door under Pinkie Pie's bedroom. The ponies end up in a secret party planning basement, where Pinkie keeps various party supplies and detailed files on the kinds of parties that everyone likes.
As Pinkie returns to her bedroom, she hears her friends in the basement and joins them, recounting her own failure as a party planner. Though her friends assure her that she isn't a failure, Pinkie recalls the ponies who helped her on her journey and wishes to show the yaks how great Equestria is. Just then, she gets an idea.
With the yaks stuck in Ponyville due to more sheep blocking the train tracks, Pinkie catches up with them and invites them to the friendship party.
EpilogueAs the yaks, dozens of ponies, and Princess Celestia enjoy the friendship party, Pinkie apologizes to Prince Rutherford. She says that, instead of trying to make Equestria feel like Yakyakistan, they should have made it feel like a natural home so the yaks could see why the ponies love living there. Rutherford is moved by Pinkie's friendship efforts and calls off his declaration of war, and he and Pinkie agree that ponies and yaks will be friends for a thousand moons. As Celestia congratulates Twilight, Rutherford and Pinkie Pie seal their newfound friendship and understanding with a big, strong hug.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
- Prince Rutherford: If things not perfect, yaks get mad. Yaks always get mad when things not perfect!
- Prince Rutherford: Not perfect! Yaks destroy!
- Applejack: Y'know... it's goin' okay.
- Rarity: Satisfactory, I'd say.
- Rainbow Dash: It could be better.
- Fluttershy: [whispering] It's not very good.
- Pinkie Pie: It's a disaster!
- Pinkie Pie: It's going to be my most happy-tacular party ever! I hope!
- Rainbow Dash: Why are your eyes darting around like that?
- Pinkie Pie: It's what I do when I'm not nervous! [laughing hysterically]
- [repeated line]
- Pinkie Pie: Know what I mean?
- Cherry Jubilee: I ought to warn you though – me and the boys are powerful tired 'cause we was up all night countin' cherries. Hey there! Wake up!
- Pinkie Pie: Counting cherries? How many?
- Cherry Jubilee: Four hundred and seventeen thousand, two hundred and thirty-four.
- Prince Rutherford: Yak go to train, return with more yaks! We declare war!
- Pinkie Pie: There we were, face-to-face with Falling Pony Ravine. Down, down, down! And then, suddenly... Pow! We were rescued mid-air by the Wonderbolts! And then they gave me a ride to Manehattan, I joined a traveling band, we played some shows here and there, got popular, almost made it big until creative differences tore us apart.
- Fluttershy: [reading] "Twilight Sparkle likes vanilla ice cream, red balloons, dancing..."
- Twilight Sparkle: That's right!
- Fluttershy: "But she's afraid of quesadillas."
- Twilight Sparkle: No, I'm not! They're just so... [shudders] cheesy.
- Fluttershy: So, um, do we walk back up the slide or... or what?
- Prince Rutherford: Ponies and yaks... friends?
- Pinkie Pie: For a thousand moons?
- Prince Rutherford: For a thousand moons!
- ↑ Nick Confalone (2015-05-19). Nick Confalone on Twitter: "Facts on the ground: #MLPSeason5 ep11 "Party Pooped" is my first episode ever. I can confirm it is weird, also can confirm Pinky is a badass". Twitter. Retrieved on 2015 May 20.
- ↑ Nick Confalone (2015-05-19). Nick Confalone on Twitter: "@GreerAlec Me too. The original title was Journey to the Center of Pinkie Pie, so that was the goal-- LET'S DIG DEEP AND LEARN MORE". Twitter. Retrieved on 2015 May 20.
- ↑ Nick Confalone (2015-05-19). Nick Confalone on Twitter: "@Alesiopdv the original pitch was "I dunno, it'll be like seven years in tibet, but with pinkie pie instead of brad pitt?"". Twitter. Retrieved on 2015 May 20.
- ↑ Nick Confalone (2015-06-22). Over a year ago-- I'm just as excited as anypony else to see it!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2015 June 26.
- ↑ Nick Confalone (2015-06-26). Nick Confalone on Twitter: "@nickconfalone just realized people interpret "this episode is weird" to be a Cheese Sandwich ref. It wasn't meant to be! #HypeManagement". Twitter. Retrieved on 2015 June 26.
- ↑ Rebecca Dart (2015-06-27). You can thank @kkosicka for the amazing yak designs. #MLP5. Retrieved on 2015 June 27.
- ↑ Jim Miller (2015-06-27). I love that yeti/baboon thing @kkosicka designed. #MLP5. Retrieved on 2015 June 27.
| Episode 1|
| Episode 2|
The Best of the Worst
| Episode 3|
| Episode 4|
How Applejack Got Her Hat Back
| Episode 5|
Bad Thing No. 3
| Episode 6|
Pinkie Pie: Hyper-Helper
| Episode 7|
The Trail Less Trotten
Death of a Sales-Pony
| Episode 8|
The Fluttershy Effect
| Episode 9|
The Fast and the Furriest
| Episode 10|
Badge of Shame
| Episode 11|
A Camping We Will Go
| Episode 12|
| Episode 13|
| Episode 14|
Meet Potion Nova!
Pony Surfin' Safari
| Episode 15|
All Bottled Up
All That Jitters
| Episode 16|
| Episode 17|
Ponies of the Moment
One Click Wonder
| Episode 18|
| Episode 19|
Don't Look a GIF Horse in the Mouth
The Root of It
| Episode 20|
The Mysterious Voice
The 5 Habits of Highly Effective Ponies
| Episode 21|
Director Spike's Mockumentary
| Episode 22|
| Episode 23|
Pie vs. Pie
| Episode 24|
The Debut Taunt
| Episode 25|
The Rarity Report
The Great Divide
| Episode 26|
The Great Collide
Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|