|This page contains information about something recently released. You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.|
|Pie vs. Pie; Superb Six|
|Season episode №:||23|
|Overall episode №:||23|
|Original airdate:||January 30, 2021
|Written by:||Greg Levine (Pie vs. Pie)|
Taneka Stotts (Superb Six)
|Storyboard:||Adeola Lawal & Oriol Vidal|
|Featured characters:||Octavio Pie|
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
Whoof-dunnit; Dear Tabby
The Debut Taunt; Flutterdash
Pie vs. Pie
At Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie has come up with a new baking recipe that combines doughnuts, cupcakes, and lollipops together called the "dough-cup-pop". Meanwhile, Sugar Packet Place, the bakery on the other side of town, has recently come under new management and is giving sweets away for free. The new owner is revealed to be Pinkie's estranged brother Octavio Pie, with whom Pinkie has had a fierce baking rivalry since childhood. The two rekindle their rivalry with a competition to determine who is the superior baker.
As part of their competition, Octavio invents his own version of the dough-cup-pop called the loll-up-nut, and Pinkie accuses him of copying her. When the competition gets underway, Pinkie and Octavio each try to one-up the other with treat giveaways and promotional deals. After the competition, Pinkie steals Octavio's loll-up-nuts to try and disrupt his business, but Octavio catches her and reveals he already stole her dough-cup-pops, resulting in a heated argument.
Applejack and Twilight Sparkle break up their arguing and explain that Octavio only copies Pinkie's recipes because he admires her. Octavio finally admits that he is envious of Pinkie's baking ability and has wanted to be just like her since they were little. He apologizes for stealing her dough-cup-pop recipe, and Pinkie apologizes for getting carried away with their rivalry. The two Pie siblings make amends and decide to open a side business together, selling both of their recipes.
The Mane Six, calling themselves the "Superb Six" in this episode, take on the task of giving Snips and Snails lifestyle and beauty tips in time for the Meet-and-Gallop, an upcoming high-society party. Twilight and Rarity are assigned to help them with their fashion, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are assigned to help them improve their dance moves, and Pinkie and Applejack are to help them bake a treat to bring to the party.
Each pair meets with Snips and Snails and helps them improve themselves in their respective lifestyle fields, though Snips and Snails prefer doing their own thing. As time goes on, the Mane Six become insistent on changing Snips and Snails, pushing their own views of lifestyle and beauty upon them and ignoring what they are more comfortable with.
Some time later, the Mane Six await Snips and Snails' arrival outside the Meet-and-Gallop to behold the results of their work. When they arrive looking very uncomfortable, however, the Mane Six realize they were wrong to change who Snips and Snails are. They undo every change they made to Snips and Snails and tell them to enjoy the party in whatever style and manner fits their true selves.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
Pie vs. Pie
- Pinkie Pie: Behold! The dough-cup-pop! Part doughnut, part cupcake, part lollipop, all phantasmically yummy!
- Pinkie Pie: [gasps] Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, allow me to introduce you to... my brother.
- Octavio Pie: Octavio Pie! Pie's my name, pie's my game! Buckball's also my game, but we're not playing that right now.
- Pinkie Pie: Ever since we were little, Octavio and I would face off to bake off delectable desserts.
- Octavio Pie: Pinkie always won. But not this time.
- Octavio Pie: Part cupcake, part doughnut! An Octavio orig' – the loll-up-nut!
- Pinkie Pie: You're telling me that you just happened to create the same combo doughnut-cupcake-lollipop one day after I did?!
- Octavio Pie: Why, we're just two slices of the same pie.
- Pinkie Pie: WE ARE VERY DIFFERENT PIES!!!
- Applejack: Octavio, you know you shouldn't have copied Pinkie, right?
- Octavio Pie: I guess...
- Twilight Sparkle: And Pinkie, you know he copies you because he admires you, right?
- Pinkie Pie: Yeah...
- Pinkie Pie: Listen up, ponies! Today, we're not the Mane Six – we're the Superb Six! Lifestyle gurus and emotional makeover-er-ers.
- Pinkie Pie: "Superb Six" on three! One! A-two! A-three!
- Mane Six: Superb Six!
- Twilight Sparkle: And a bow tie, plus a top hat, subtract monocles, carry over a pocket square... By my calculations, this makes you...
- Rarity: The sum of all cuteness!
- Snails: Whoa... We're fancy!
- Snips: Ahhh... That's, uh, different.
- Fluttershy: We've got just the routine to help you two feel hoof-loose and fancy-free.
- Snails: We've always gone freestyle.
- Pinkie Pie: Being a tip-top attendee means being true to yourself.
- Twilight Sparkle: Oh... We were supposed to help them put their best hooves forward, not ours.
- Fluttershy: "Superb Six" on three!
- Rainbow Dash: No time!
- Rarity: They don't just look like themselves. They look great!
- Twilight Sparkle: And that's what the Meet-and-Gallop is all about!
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|