|Potion Mystery; Sick Day|
|Season episode №:||13|
|Overall episode №:||13|
|Written by:||Taneka Stotts (Potion Mystery)|
Dave Horwitz (Sick Day)
|Storyboard:||Andy Kelly & Oriol Vidal|
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
Friendship Gems; Dol-FIN-ale
Meet Potion Nova!; Pony Surfin' Safari
At Sugarcube Corner, the ponies have fun with Pinkie Pie's magic potions. They begin to wonder where the potions come from, since they seem to restock all by themselves whenever Pinkie runs out. Twilight tries to identify the individual who restocks Pinkie's fridge with potions every night, but she finds no clues or other evidence. She is especially determined out of desire to become the potion maker's apprentice.
For the next few nights, the ponies empty out the fridge and stay up to catch the potion maker, but they always fall asleep and miss them. During one night, they set up a trap involving alarm bells and cover the floor in powdered sugar to get the potion maker's hoofprints, but they are once again unable to stay awake. While the ponies sleep, a mysterious unicorn sneaks into Sugarcube Corner and restocks the fridge with potions.
At Sugarcube Corner, the ponies receive a large order of cupcakes from Princess Celestia. However, an infectious illness has been going around Ponyville; Twilight and Fluttershy have already fallen ill, and Pinkie Pie has started to develop symptoms. As the rest of the Mane Six take over the task of filling Celestia's order, Applejack also starts developing symptoms, leaving only Rainbow Dash and Rarity to fill the order. Pinkie gives them a large book of elaborate instructions to follow.
Rainbow Dash and Rarity start baking cupcakes but quickly run into kitchen difficulties. To make matters worse, Rarity gets a phone call from Celestia, who says she will be arriving early to pick up her order. From inside her bedroom, Pinkie Pie gives Rarity and Rainbow delirium-induced directions and advises them to read the instructions she gave them. Included with Pinkie's instruction book is a hologram telling Rarity and Rainbow to do the opposite of whatever Pinkie says in her state of delirium.
By following these instructions, Rarity and Rainbow successfully fill Celestia's order just in time for her arrival. Some time later, the rest of the Mane Six have all made full recoveries from their sickness, and Pinkie thanks her friends for filling in for her while she was sick. Unfortunately, Rarity develops a new illness that causes her to vomit gems.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
- Rainbow Dash: Gotta go dash!
- Twilight Sparkle: You're telling me a stranger sneaks into Sugarcube Corner, restocks our potions, and leaves without a word?
- Rainbow Dash: You could call this a... cold case.
- Spike: YEEEEEAAAAAAH—! [groans] Sorry. Stubbed my toe.
- Twilight Sparkle: I'd wager to say this case is just heating up!
- Spike: YEEEEEAAAAAAH—! [groans] Ow! Stubbed my other toe.
- Twilight Sparkle: These potions are made by a gifted magic user/scientist. A genius! A pony I absolutely must meet! [...] They must've been perfecting this recipe their whole life. Every time I try to reformulate one of these potions, I fail miserably.
- Rainbow Dash: I'm sorry, Twilight. Once the sun goes down, so do my eyelids.
- Pinkie Pie: I think our plan is crumbling. It needs more butter.
- Applejack: Get her to quarantine!
- Fluttershy: Special... pizza delivery... for my brain...
- Twilight Sparkle: Pardon...? [coughs] Which way to the peppermint cabbage patch...?
- Pinkie Pie: Gotta work! Gotta perfect the recipe for Celestia! Oh, no! What about frosting? [shudders] Marzipan, cotton candy, lavender, jasmine, butter, bean soup, candle wax, and pickles! Makes my tummy rumble!
- Rarity: What do we do?! What do we do?! If only we had written instructions on how to properly run a cupcake business!
- Rarity: Just stay in bed to keep the virus from spreading!
- Rainbow Dash: Bet you barricading the door isn't in that binder.
- Pinkie Pie Hologram: Hello, friends. If you're seeing this, I have a terrible fever and you probably barricaded me in my room by now in order to fill a request without me.
- My Little Pony: Pony Life (Animated). TV Passport. Retrieved on 2020 July 7.
The Best of the Worst
How Applejack Got Her Hat Back
Bad Thing No. 3
Pinkie Pie: Hyper-Helper
The Trail Less Trotten
Death of a Sales-Pony
The Fluttershy Effect
The Fast and the Furriest
Badge of Shame
A Camping We Will Go
Meet Potion Nova!
Pony Surfin' Safari
All Bottled Up
All That Jitters
Ponies of the Moment
One Click Wonder
Don't Look a GIF Horse in the Mouth
The Root of It
The Mysterious Voice
The 5 Habits of Highly Effective Ponies
Director Spike's Mockumentary
Pie vs. Pie
The Debut Taunt
The Rarity Report
The Great Divide
The Great Collide
Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|