|This page contains information about something recently released. You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.|
|The Comet Section; Cotton Candy-Colored Glasses|
|Season episode №:||2|
|Overall episode №:||28|
|Original airdate:||April 10, 2021
|Written by:||Josh Riley Brown (The Comet Section)|
Dave Horwitz (Cotton Candy-Colored Glasses)
|Storyboard:||Jamie Kerr, Adeola Lawal, & Oriol Vidal|
|Featured characters:||Dishwater Slog|
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
Cute Impact; The Crystal Capturing Contraption
Close Encounters of the Balloon Kind; The Tiara of Truth
The Comet Section
For the Cotton Candy Comet Festival, Rarity organizes a comet-viewing party with DJ Pon-3 as musical entertainment and party-sized refreshments. With Twilight Sparkle's mathematical help, Rarity determines the precise time of the comet's arrival the following night, though Twilight warns the comet's arrival is impossible to accurately predict. During the party, Rarity introduces the comet, but it does not appear, much to the crowd's disappointment. Twilight revises her calculations and says the comet will instead arrive the next night.
The next night, Rarity holds the party again, but with Spike as a last-minute replacement for DJ Pon-3, smaller refreshments, and a smaller crowd. Like before, the comet does not appear, and the crowd is again disappointed. Over the next couple nights, Rarity holds additional viewing parties, with the entertainment, refreshments, and crowd attendance getting progressively smaller. When Twilight expresses guilt over her failure to accurately predict the comet's arrival, Rarity apologizes for putting such undue pressure on her and offers her assistance.
Rarity and Twilight realize that the Cotton Candy Comet follows its own laws of physics due to its magical nature; with that information, they are able to predict its arrival much more accurately. Thus, the two plan their comet-viewing party without any further difficulty—and with the musical entertainment Rarity originally had planned.
Cotton Candy-Colored Glasses
With the Cotton Candy Comet arriving soon, Rainbow Dash comes up with the idea of selling comet-themed merchandise during the festival so they can raise money to replace Pinkie Pie's electric baking mixer. As the festival gets underway, Twilight suggests selling special crystal eyeglasses to see the comet's colors more vividly. Rainbow approves of Twilight's idea, but the glasses are all sold out online; Dishwater Slog, having been spying on Rainbow and Twilight, bought the entire stock of glasses beforehand in order to steal their idea.
Some time later, Rainbow Dash and her friends discover Dishwater selling the glasses at the festival at extremely inflated prices. Rainbow fears her plans of enhancing everyone's comet-viewing experience (and by extension her plans to raise money for a new mixer) have been ruined, but Applejack comes up with a backup idea. She brings to the festival a gigantic pair of crystal eyeglasses left over by one of her relatives from the comet's last appearance. With these giant glasses, everyone is able to fully enjoy the Cotton Candy Comet when it arrives, thereby foiling Dishwater Slog's scheme.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
The Comet Section
- Twilight Sparkle: Considering relative speed, mass, and density, and of course factoring in Ponpernicus' law of celestial bodies, I predict that it's impossible to calculate exactly when it will arrive.
- Applejack: I've never seen so much sandwich in one place.
- Rarity: Wait for it... Wait for it... Continue to wait for it...
- Rarity: Twilight! You're supposed to be a genius! Where's my comet?!
- Twilight Sparkle: I don't know! I'm sorry. I know everypony is counting on me, but... I just can't figure it out! I'm a failure!
- Twilight Sparkle: Are you suggesting that the comet defies the laws of physics because it's not governed by science but instead by magic? And therefore adheres to a completely different set of mathematical principles?!
- Rarity: You... took the words right out of my mouth.
Cotton Candy-Colored Glasses
- Fluttershy: I haven't been this excited for something since Roger the Singing Dolphin 3: Sing Louder came out!
- Pinkie Pie: [reading] "I Saw the Comet and All I Got Was This T-Shirt, and I Don't Know What's Better – the Shirt or the Comet".
- Rainbow Dash: Get your comet stuff! Remember the thing you haven't done yet before it happens so you'll never forget it again after it does!
- Dishwater Slog: Never reveal a trade secret in front of a bush. You never know who's scheming behind it.
- Rainbow Dash: AJ, can I borrow that banana bandana?
- Applejack: Uh...
- Rainbow Dash: [clears throat] How do I look?
- Twilight Sparkle: Uh, like you? But more "ap-peel-ing"?
- Rainbow Dash: [posh accent] Hello there. I'm... Fancy Banana Moonbeam, and I'd like to buy some glasses.
- Applejack: [whispering] "Fancy Banana Moonbeam"?
- Twilight Sparkle: [whispering] I kinda like it.
- Applejack: I knew those glasses looked familiar. Turns out I still had my great aunt Goldie's great granny's cousin Strudel's leftover glasses from the comet's last appearance squirrelled away.
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie||A New Generation|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped||Make Your Mark|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts||Tell Your Tale|