|This page contains information about something recently released. You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.|
|The Fast and the Furriest; Disappearing Act|
|Season episode №:||9|
|Overall episode №:||9|
|Original airdate:||December 5, 2020
|Written by:||Dave Horwitz|
|Storyboard:||Francesco Cipolla & Oriol Vidal|
|Featured characters:||Mane Six's pets:
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
Bighoof Walking; The Fluttershy Effect
Badge of Shame; Discord's Peak
The Fast and the Furriest[note 1] and Disappearing Act are the ninth episode of My Little Pony: Pony Life. The title of The Fast and the Furriest is a reference to the Fast & Furious film series, previously referenced by the IDW comics story arc of the same title.
This episode aired on July 19, 2020, on Treehouse TV in Canada, on August 29, 2020 on Boomerang in Australia, on September 8, 2020, on Tiny Pop in the United Kingdom on September 12, 2020, on Gulli in France, and it was released on CANAL+ on-demand service in Poland on September 11, 2020.
The Fast and the Furriest
While having lunch together, Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash get competitive over who ate the fastest. This competitiveness between them carries over into the Maplewood Motor Match, a go-cart race between the Mane Six's pets for which their owners serve as pit crew. Despite their friends' focus on having fun, Twilight and Rainbow are determined to have their respective pets Owlowiscious and Tank win.
Once the go-carts are built, the race begins. Due to over-competitiveness between Owlowiscious and Tank, they force their way past the other pets, causing Angel, Opalescence, Gummy, and Winona to crash in a four-cart pileup. Before they cross the finish line, Owlowiscious and Tank notice their fellow pets' predicament and turn around to help, and Twilight and Rainbow's friends admonish them for getting carried away in their competitiveness.
With their owners' support, Owlowiscious and Tank carry the weight of the other pets' go-carts so that all six of them can cross the finish line together. At the race's conclusion, Twilight and Rainbow Dash admit to letting competition get the better of them. Meanwhile, Fluttershy notices in the race's photo finish that Angel's go-cart actually crossed the finish line first.
The Cutie Mark Crusaders - junior members of the Trail Trotters organization - join the Mane Six at Sugarcube Corner to spend the day together. Applejack wants to teach the Crusaders about agriculture, and Pinkie Pie suggests a painting party, but Rarity vetoes their ideas in favor of her one-pony magic show.
She forces the rest of the Mane Six to be her volunteers for a magic trick that involves using a combination of potions to make a table disappear. However, Rarity's potion compound causes the Mane Six to disappear instead of the table. The Mane Six end up trapped in an empty dark void, and Rarity does not know how to bring them back.
After consulting a book of magic spells, she learns that not listening to her friends' ideas caused them to disappear and only including them in activities will bring them back. Rarity drinks her potion compound, which transports her into the void with her friends, and apologizes to them for steamrolling over their ideas. The rest of the Mane Six forgive Rarity, and they are transported back to Sugarcube Corner.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
The Fast and the Furriest
- Twilight Sparkle: Whew! I ate that fast!
- Rainbow Dash: I ate it faster. If anyone's gonna "whew", it's gonna be me!
- Twilight Sparkle: If only there were a way to settle this...
- Fluttershy: Today's the Maplewood Motor Match. Just low-key friends having low-stakes fun. No winners or losers here.
- Applejack: Your dirty racin' got our pets in a pickle! A real spicy one!
- Rainbow Dash: Uh, do you think we—
- Twilight Sparkle: Got carried away and lost sight of—
- Pinkie Pie: Having fun? Yes, you did!
- Twilight Sparkle: I think I learned something. It doesn't matter who wins.
- Rainbow Dash: [laughs] Exactly. I cared the least about winning. So you might say I'm winning about caring the least about winning.
- Scootaloo: We've been looking forward to this for weeks! Eight weeks, to be exact! Two months!
- Rarity: Put your hooves together for Rarity... the... the... Rare!
- Rarity: Now, may I have a volunteer?
- Cutie Mark Crusaders: [Me! Right here! Rarity, pick me!]
- Rarity: There in the back! You five!
- Applejack: We weren't volunteerin'!
- Fluttershy: This is why I always stand in the back!
- Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Twilight Sparkle: [scream]
- Pinkie Pie: First time in the void?
- Rarity: I don't recall preventing them from participating! They were my volunteers in my magic trick at my show and... Now I see.
- Rarity: What do you say we get out of this formless void and into a balanced friendship where we all share things equally?
- Pinkie Pie: That'd be great—
- Rarity: And nobody talks over anypony else or steamrolls their ideas!
- Twilight Sparkle: On that note—
- Rarity: Furthermore, I think that—
- Mane Six sans Rarity: Rarity! You're doing it again!
- Titled as The Fast and Furriest by some sources.
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|