|This page contains information about something recently released. You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.|
|The Rarity Report; The Great Divide|
|Season episode №:||25|
|Overall episode №:||25|
|Original airdate:||February 6, 2021
|Written by:||Taneka Stotts (The Rarity Report)|
Dave Horwitz (The Great Divide)
|Storyboard:||Francesco Cipolla, Jamie Kerr, & Jacinth Tan Yi Ting|
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
The Debut Taunt; Flutterdash
The Great Collide; Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular
In The Rarity Report, Rarity worries that the Sportacular Spectacular is no place for an indoor pony.
In The Great Divide, the Mane Six are pitted against each other in the final match of the Sportacular Spectacular.
The Rarity Report
At the Sportacular Spectacular, the Mane Six are working out for the sporting events, and they are interviewed for news coverage of the Spectacular by news anchor Herd Happily. Rarity, the only one not working out, is more comfortable speaking on camera than playing sports. Not wanting her to feel left out of the Spectacular, her friends offer to find at least one sporting event an "indoor pony" like her would enjoy.
The ponies list off various events from the sign-up bulletin board, but Rarity refuses each one. She finds an event that she is interested in – "freestyle debate ribbon-pinning" – but it is cancelled at the last minute due to lack of overall interest. Rarity is disappointed at first that there may not be a place for her to shine at the Sportacular Spectacular, but when she remembers how much she loves being behind the camera, she gets an idea. She joins Herd Happily's news coverage of the Spectacular as his co-anchor.
The Great Divide
Toward the end of the Sportacular Spectacular, the Mane Six have been enjoying all the time they have spent outside together thus far. The final event of the Spectacular is an exhibition buckball match with six players on each team. The referee instructs the players to line up and count off to determine the teams. The Mane Six, hesitant to play against each other, attempt to rig the count-off so that they all end up on the same team. This fails, and the ponies are forced to split their number among the two opposing teams.
Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash are placed on a team with Snails, Dishwater Slog, and one of the "alternative ponies" named Matt. Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, and Applejack are placed on a team with Snips, Derek, and the other Matt. The episode ends on a cliffhanger, with the two buckball teams facing off and the Mane Six being forced to play against their own friends.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
The Rarity Report
- Herd Happily: Hello, sporty ponies! You're all about to compete in the games. What's the secret behind playing your best?
- Applejack: Uh... I pick apples.
- Fluttershy: [gasps] Um, I've been practicing my game face. [whispering] Can you see it?
- Rarity: Even as a young filly, sports were never in the cue cards for me. Although I did once attend a "basket ball". I brought my finest basket expecting a splendid affair. But instead of dancing, everypony was just running back and forth throwing a ball into bottomless baskets.
- Applejack: How about rhythmic trampolinin'?
- Rarity: The only "bounce" I want is in my curls.
- Twilight Sparkle: Then how about curling?
- Rarity: Oh, [scoffs] Unless it involves my mane, no, thank you.
- Pinkie Pie: Oooh! This one's artistic! Cloud gymnastics!
- Rarity: Ah! The humidity, darling!
- Rarity: DJ, what events are you mixing while you are here?
- [dubstep music]
- Rarity: Disco discus! Should be a "groovy" game!
- Herd Happily: I'm Herd Happily.
- Rarity: And I'm Rarity, come to you live! Back to you, Karen.
The Great Divide
- Rainbow Dash: I'm having a friendship flashback!
- Announcer: All ponies to the arena for buckball!
- Rainbow Dash: Flashback over!
- Fluttershy: We're gonna pulverize 'em into tiny, itty-bitty, little pieces!
- Rest of Mane Six: [gasp]
- Fluttershy: Oh. [laughs nervously] I took it too far.
- Fluttershy: We'll clean the grass with them!
- Twilight Sparkle: Hmmm... Eh, the grass already looks pretty clean though.
- Rainbow Dash: Ready?
- Mane Six except Fluttershy: Break!
- Fluttershy: Break their spirits!
- Snips and Snails: We're gonna pulverize 'em into tiny, little, itty-bitty pieces!
- Fluttershy: That's what I said, but... but... [whispers] ...then I changed my mind!
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie||A New Generation|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|