|This page contains information about something recently released. You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.|
|The Trail Less Trotten; Death of a Sales-Pony|
|Season episode №:||7|
|Overall episode №:||7|
|Original airdate:||November 28, 2020
|Written by:||Whitney Ralls (The Trail Less Trotten)|
Katie Chilson (Death of a Sales-Pony)
|Storyboard:||Ehud Landsburg & Estrela Lourenço|
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
Pinkie Pie: Hyper-Helper
Bighoof Walking; The Fluttershy Effect
The Trail Less Trotten[note 1] and Death of a Sales-Pony are the seventh episode of My Little Pony: Pony Life. The title of The Trail Less Trotten is a reference to the 1978 M. Scott Peck book The Road Less Traveled. The title of Death of a Sales-Pony is a reference to the 1949 Arthur Miller stage play Death of a Salesman.
In The Trail Less Trotten, Fluttershy tries to join a Trail Trotters troop, and her friends try to protect her from a big disappointment.
In Death of a Sales-Pony, the Mane Six enter a cookie-selling contest in the hopes of winning a celebrity meet-and-greet for Fluttershy.
This episode aired on July 12, 2020, on Treehouse TV in Canada, on August 22, 2020 on Boomerang in Australia, on September 3, 2020, on Tiny Pop in the United Kingdom, on September 6, 2020, on Gulli in France and it was released on CANAL+ on-demand service in Poland on September 10, 2020.
The Trail Less Trotten
Fluttershy has long been looking forward to joining the "Trail Trotters" organization and forming a troop with her friends; whichever troop earns the most badges wins a meet-and-greet with dolphin celebrity Finn Tastic. Unfortunately, a denial letter to Sugarcube Corner states that Fluttershy and her friends are too old to join.
When Fluttershy arrives filled with excitement, her friends try to spare her feelings by saying they have been accepted into the Trail Trotters. Immediately, Pinkie Pie starts awarding Fluttershy with multiple fake badges. Despite some initial misgivings about deceiving Fluttershy, the rest of the Mane Six decide to keep up the charade in order to spare her feelings.
Death of a Sales-Pony
Soon after the events of The Trail Less Trotten, Fluttershy recruits her friends' help to earn a badge for selling cookies. The ponies have a lot of fun selling cookies at first, but Fluttershy becomes so consumed in her desire to meet Finn Tastic that she takes an extremely bossy approach to cookie-selling, forcing her friends to sell and promote cookies at an unbearable pace. Eventually, Spike, Gummy, and Angel are also dragged into baking cookies to sell.
When the rest of the Mane Six confront Fluttershy about her overbearing demands, she briefly snaps at them in anger before realizing what she has done. She apologizes for the way she has behaved and promises to make cookies only for fun—though she has Spike, Gummy, and Angel keep making cookies, still wanting to accomplish her goal of meeting Finn Tastic.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
The Trail Less Trotten
- Pinkie Pie: Today's the day I finally take over Sugarcube Corner from Mr. and Mrs. Cake!
- Fluttershy: Only two hundred and ninety-four days until we're the best Trail Trotters troop in the world and we get to meet Finn Tastic and become best friends and probably go on vacation together and have inside jokes! [giggles]
- Applejack: Yeah, I... can't tell if she's excited.
- Fluttershy: I'm so excited! Wheeee!
- Twilight Sparkle: There's no problem too great! No foe too irredeemable! No evil that can't be outdone!
- Applejack: Our request to become an official troop is... denied!
- Pinkie Pie: Toot-toot! All aboard for badge city! Here we come! Chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga!
- Fluttershy: Badges for crafting! Badges for rafting! Badges for... -ing! Something that rhymes!
- Twilight Sparkle: Ohhhh, I get it. We're covering to protect her beautiful, fragile, and very important feelings.
- Pinkie Pie: The, uh... Apple Badge!
- Applejack: Original.
Death of a Sales-Pony
- Pinkie Pie: Finally, after years of begging, you've converted to P.S.T. Pinkie Standard Time!
- Fluttershy: Always... be... selling!
- Fluttershy: Supply and demand! Get rid of your supply so ponies demand more!
- Fluttershy: Oatmeal raisin?! Ugh! This'll never do!
- Fluttershy: You really think there's time to chat?! Go break your delivery personal best!
- Fluttershy: Time is cookies, and cookies is everything!
- Applejack: The troop's supposed to be an enjoyable way for us to all hang out.
- Twilight Sparkle: Yeah, not a tunnel-vision goal to meet this "Phantasmic".
- Fluttershy: [groans] IT'S FINN TASTIC!
- Fluttershy: I made the cherry on top the bottom line, and that's no way to run a dessert business. Or a friendship.
- Pinkie Pie: I love crumbs! One time, I followed a trail of them into... You know what? It's a long story, and Fluttershy's having an epiphany, but I miss my brother.
- Titled as The Trial Less Trotten by some sources.
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|