- 1 Welcome to the Friendship is Magic Wiki, Otherside86!
- 2 Fanmade images
- 3 Comments
- 4 Fanmade Images
- 5 Categorization
- 6 Appearances table
- 7 Fanmade images
- 8 Repeated comment
- 9 Image quality
- 10 Uploading images
- 11 Regarding the easter egg
- 12 Season 4 galleries
- 13 Gallery editing
- 14 Comments
- 15 Uploading videos
- 16 Speculation
- 17 Block
- 18 A full-year active
- 19 Talk page messages
- 20 Regarding S8 episodes and leaked content
- 21 Possible EG Road Trip Special
- 22 Dream characters
- 23 Queen Chrysalis' images
Welcome to the Friendship is Magic Wiki, Otherside86!
Thank you for contributing!
Need help? Stop by the forums, where you can get in touch with the community. Feel free to contact me or a different administrator for any reason. On talk pages, it is helpful to sign your name after your message.
The recent changes will keep you updated on new edits to the wiki and help you stay updated with the latest blog entries and forum posts. If you want to test something out, you may create your own sandbox or use the global sandbox.
Please prefix fanmade images, such as the one you uploaded of Cadance's cutie mark, with the word FANMADE, and please do not add them to mainspace pages. Thanks! --Kinrah 19:05, June 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Otherside, please take note that fanmade images should not be added to the main namespace, even though it's just a vector. Yes, the name's been fixed, but it's still fanmade. Vely►Talk►Email 22:34, June 4, 2012 (UTC)
I hate you guys!
- It's a site rule; no need for hate. It's just a wiki, after all. Vely►Talk►Email 00:02, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
- They are not aiming to make you hate them, they are only trying to help maintain the wiki at the standard that it is known for. Fanmade images did not come from the show, and therefore are not official material. This wiki is centralized around official material, and therefore non-official material is not allowed on the main namespace. If you can find a good shot of Princess Cadance in the show to crop out her cutie mark, it will be allowed to stay on the wiki and main namespace. Sorry if you got the wrong impression. Foodbandlt 00:03, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
They didn't have rules like these in the other wikias.
- You are free to leave this wikia at any time. Otherwise, please follow the rules. Ignoring the rules may result in a block.Teyandee (Talk) 16:48, June 6, 2012 (UTC)
Everytime I posted a comment about nice suggestions to the show, they're hardly ever answered. What do people have against MY comments?
- I really got a kick out of reading your blog post. Please write more! –Throwawaytv 07:07, June 25, 2012 (UTC)
Please, when adding fanmade images to the wiki remember to add the prefix "FANMADE" to the file name prior to uploading. I noticed you have been warned before about this. Any more offenses will most likely result in a block. Thanks17:51, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for trying to help, but we leave the full set of tables for any character that uses them. Please don't remove them, even if the character did not appear in that season. Thanks,
- Not for nothing -- I understood what you were going for with the Characters listing -- but that's what the Appearances tables and Character appearances page are for. Thanks! 18:58, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
Please be careful; this is your third reminder to add "FANMADE " to the beginning of file names of fanmade images. If you use Special:Upload, you can add the "FANMADE " prefix in Destination filename without having to alter the file name on your computer. Summary and Licensing are optional, and Categories (+) allows you to add the "Fanmade images" category, which is also required of fanmade images. Thanks, 03:32, August 12, 2013 (UTC)
Please do not make the same comment if it has already been deleted, thank you for your co-operation.
17:53, October 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Because they count as spam, please cooperate and don't repeat the comment that was deleted, thanks again. 17:58, October 18, 2013 (UTC)
When uploading screencaps of episodes to the wiki, please try to upload 1280×720 images with the highest possible quality. In addition: after uploading, you should make sure to apply the appropriate categories to the image (like Twilight Sparkle images, for example). Thanks, TheUltimateH4M Talk 19:45, October 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Try to use a higher-quality source for capturing screenshots. Your image uploads are so blurry, they appear upscaled. Also remember to properly categorize your uploads on the file page, like I've done with your most recent upload. 16:56, September 3, 2014 (UTC)
Sorry. I'll try to capture a wider video next time. User:Otherside86/sig 10:12, September 3, 2014 (UTC)
I really should quit while I'm stll ahead now, should I?
How do you change the quality of the images? I use paint.net.
Can you take care of these images? They keep popping up in Derpibooru.org, and I think they should be in the gallery.
- They don't need to be added if they're already there in higher quality. As for "changing the quality of the images", they don't need to be altered in any way if they're from a HQ video source. If they've been altered through image software, then they're technically fanmade. 08:03, December 21, 2014 (UTC)
When you're uploading files, please be sure to give them descriptive names.
- Please note that, for the sake of consistency, file extensions for uploaded files should be lowercase (.png as opposed to .PNG). Thank you. 18:42, June 30, 2014 (UTC)
hi what up. (scoot)
To Scoot: You called me on my Talk Page? (Side)
People are making my pictures look better. How are they doing that?
- If the files are saved with a .PNG file extension, you can easily change it to .png in the "Filename" text box when you're uploading. 20:03, June 30, 2014 (UTC)
Regarding the easter egg
Well I don't know if I can call it a hint exactly. But I've noticed the streamers on the ground have the Mane 6 colors. I just noticed it today.
Season 4 galleries
Before you plan on doing any mass image moving, best leave it to a bot. It's a lot of images to relocate, and we don't want to crowd the Recent Wiki Activity page. (Plus, it'll prevent pagename misspellings.) 16:35, June 26, 2014 (UTC)
I'll try to remember that.
When you're editing gallery pages, try to keep formatting consistent with the rest of the page, such as two line breaks between each section (like I've done here). Thanks. 17:53, July 17, 2014 (UTC)
I know you don't like bad quality picture. But I found this image and thought I'd enlarge it and add it.
Sorry about that.
- Once again, I strongly advise you not to upscale your screencaps. If the image captures are in 360p or 480p, for example, and you enlarge them to 720p, they'll always come out blurry and in low quality. Such images will only end up having to be replaced or updated. 16:55, November 23, 2014 (UTC)
- In addition to that, be sure to categorize the images you upload to the categories in which they belong to. For example, if a certain image is taken from Rainbow Rocks and has the characters Aria Blaze, Adagio Dazzle, and Sonata Dusk, add the categories Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks images, Aria Blaze images, Adagio Dazzle images, and Sonata Dusk images to it. 17:02, November 23, 2014 (UTC)
- It's rude to scoff at another's opinions or arguments. It's even ruder to imply that another is ignorant about a certain subject. Mind your manners. 03:24, March 30, 2015 (UTC)
"Well, nobody asked you." I don't need your permission to post comments, Otherside. You're being disproportionately hostile again. This kind of behavior doesn't belong in the comments or on the Wiki in general. 05:48, June 17, 2015 (UTC)
- You disapprove of me replying to your comments, so instead you plaster petty insults on your user page? This has nothing to do with the Wiki's rules; you're being needlessly confrontational again. 16:46, July 24, 2016 (UTC)
Do not link articles pertaining to sexual activity in article comments. Moreover, articles relating to the community are not the place to discuss autism. Try to show some tact going forward. Thank you. Guildmaster Grovyle (talk) 18:52, September 21, 2016 (UTC)
- "Thanks for proving my point, Imperfect!"
- You had no point whatsoever. You were merely being defensive/confrontational at me simply replying to your comment. 05:44, November 18, 2016 (UTC)
Why couldn't you just delete the reply instead? Otherside86 (talk) 04:49, April 10, 2018 (UTC)
Your commenting is coming off as one-sided, Otherside; a number of your recent comments have been replies to yourself. It's nonproductive and somewhat little attention-seeking behavior. 18:06, November 11, 2018 (UTC)
Who keeps erasing my comments?! Otherside86 (talk) 17:55, 21 November 2020 (UTC)
Hi, please avoid putting speculation in the main namespace; use the speculation forum instead. Things like "this might be a reference to a YouTuber" are considered speculation. Throwy 12:34, June 20, 2015 (UTC)
A full-year active
Congrats for you, Otherside. Looks like you got the full-year badge! (yes) 21:38, February 29, 2016 (UTC)
Thank you! Thank you!
Talk page messages
Just saying I'm worng doesn't prove I'm wrong.
Also, I was trying to call Rarity out.
Regarding S8 episodes and leaked content
Please observe the Wiki's Community Messages. Thank you. 03:00, March 20, 2018 (UTC)
You said they weren't confirmed "official".Otherside86 (talk) 03:02, March 20, 2018 (UTC)
- And they're not. Equestria Daily is reporting using leaked materials, not officially released materials. 03:14, March 20, 2018 (UTC)
Possible EG Road Trip Special
I also wanted a new Equestria Girls special featuring an all girls road trip to travel way outside of Canterlot. You know the upcoming special we have coming up is a Spring Break event involving the cruise. I don’t know where you heard that road trip rumor, but hopefully I wanted to be real when more news is confirmed. (CosmoStar24 (talk) 03:37, August 4, 2018 (UTC))
Hello Sir. May you please explain to me your comment about the King Sombra where you said:
First he was Sauron, then he was Vader, Scar, General Zod, now Palpatine.
Everyone compares him to Sauron because he was 'the great evil who barely did anything himself'.
Then in the comics, they made him too closely related to Darth Vader.
In Season 8, he became more like Scar from the Lion King & General Zod when he said "Kneel before Sombra." and "Long live the king."
And finally, throughout the whole Season 8 opener, Sombra has been expressing that famous line...
Luke Skywalker: Your overconfidence is your weakness.
Emperor Palpatine: You faith in your friends is yours.
Otherside86 (talk) 04:26, April 15, 2019 (UTC)
I would like to modify the character a bit more, namely to add dream characters, you know as SpongeBob does, that a character appears in a dream/daydream is not the same person but the other. —Preceding unsigned comment added by ManiacRobber (talk • contribs)
Queen Chrysalis' images
Please, Otherside, the pictures of the empowered Chrysalis and her as a statue with the other villains belongs in her overview gallery. That's what it's for. The rule with characters with overview galleries is that their infoboxes should not be cluttered with pictures and their alternate forms/outfits/etc. go somewhere else. Thank you. --Relativus (talk) 14:59, November 16, 2019 (UTC)