Welcome to the Friendship is Magic Wiki, Relativus!
Thank you for contributing!
Please have a look at the beginner's guide if you are new to editing wikis. The contribution guidelines and the wiki overview will help you find out about this wiki's policies and conventions. If your edits are undone, please discuss the change on a talk page with the other contributors.
Need help? Stop by the forums, where you can get in touch with the community. Feel free to contact me or a different administrator for any reason. On talk pages, you should sign your name after your message.
The recent changes will keep you updated on new edits to the wiki and help you stay updated with the latest blog entries and forum posts. If you want to test something out, you may create your own sandbox or use the global sandbox.
Relativus, please leave the relocation of large quantities of images to users with bot flags from now on so that the Special:WikiActivity page doesn't get overwhelmed with thumbnails. Thank you. 05:23, May 23, 2018 (UTC)
- Again, please leave the relocation of large quantities of images to users with bot flags so that the Special:WikiActivity page doesn't get flooded with thumbnails. Thank you. 02:58, July 11, 2018 (UTC)
- I remind you again, Relativus: please leave the task of adding large quantities of images to users with bot flags so that the Special:WikiActivity page doesn't get flooded with thumbnails. Further disregard may result in a block. Thank you. 19:21, October 9, 2019 (UTC)
- As long as the number of images you're adding isn't very large (for example, dozens of images to one page, or a few images to multiple pages), you can go ahead and take care of it. 04:07, October 17, 2019 (UTC)
- Oh, okay. --Relativus (talk) 04:10, October 17, 2019 (UTC)
Please preview your edits before you publish, Relativus. You'll make fewer mistakes and have to undo your own work less often. Thank you. 16:17, May 28, 2018 (UTC)
- Please try to consolidate your edits, Relativus. You show a tendency of making multiple, minor edits to a single article in a short span of time, creating a lot of page revisions. If you're able to make such edits in one or two publishes, please try to do so. Thank you. 16:34, October 3, 2019 (UTC)
- Have you ever tried to look through the page when editing? You added a lot of nowikis and /nowikis to Gilda's page, messing up the whole page and removing spaces that needed to separate paragraphs. The next time you do, make use of buttons: Preview & Show changes before you click the button Publish. Opening the page in source mode is also a good choice.
- Gilda the Griffon is mentioned in merchandise, not by her in the show so it's not her full name.
- 13:24, October 7, 2019 (UTC)
- While I'm sure Black the mage doesn't mean to be rude, Relativus, his advice is not wrong. The "Preview" and "Show changes" buttons are vital and helpful editing tools that will help you make fewer mistakes when you're editing. 14:47, October 7, 2019 (UTC)
- Fair enough, I'm just under the impression that Black the mage has something against me, and has for a while now. --Relativus (talk) 14:54, October 7, 2019 (UTC)
Pardon Me, But...
Can you please add pictures of the outfits that Rarity wore in No Second Prances and She's All Yak to the "Outfits" section of her gallery? The same with pictures of the others Rarity wore in Dragon Dropped?
Multiple times, I've been trying to add pictures of them to her gallery myself, even after following the directions. However, every time I do, Imperfect would come along and take them away anyway. I've even asked the administrator to add them in himself, but he hasn't gotten around to that at all.
I saw your addition of Rarity in her Mane-iac costume in her gallery's "Outfits" section, so that's why I came to you about this.
Thank you for adding those pictures.
Talk page messages
Talk page messages from other users are used for giving advice or helping you contribute to the wiki better. Removing them is against the wiki rules and it's not allowed. I'm trying to point out the flaws in your editing and you say I'm rude, do you see any words that make me rude to you?
If I see you remove messages again, I will report this issue right to administrators. Hope this helps.
14:24, October 7, 2019 (UTC)
"'Future' isn't needed whatsoever"
Please give a valid reason instead of undoing my edits. 05:51, October 13, 2019 (UTC)
- "I could ask you the exact same thing Imperfect"
- That's not an answer, Relativus. Please give me a valid reason for why you're removing the indicator "future" from Wiki articles. Because to me, it seems like you're taking your opinion (both about this and about Grogar) and treating it as Wiki policy. 05:59, October 13, 2019 (UTC)
- No, it doesn't. The fact that Grogar was Discord doesn't invalidate the information we know about him because of what Chrysalis, Tirek, and Sombra establish about him, and what is established about him in episodes as early as A Flurry of Emotions. The fact that Grogar was Discord doesn't change the fact that there is information about him independent from Discord that is worth hosting on a separate page. We know for a fact that Mare Do Well is not a real character, yet the Wiki has a separate page about her. This is no different.
- I'm familiar with the concept of a timeskip; please don't insult my intelligence by implying that I don't. Ignoring the removal of page categories (an admitted error on my part), all other official material of the series treats the pre-timeskip period as the "present", and there is currently no indication it will do otherwise. In fact, if pre-release material for the comics' "season 10" is any indication, upcoming content will continue to follow the series pre-timeskip. I'm not disregarding characters introduced post-timeskip. I'm not pretending they don't exist. In fact, I could make my case further, but that would require divulging leaked information. You're welcome to contact me on Discord if you're interested to learn more.
- An "S" appearance is an appearance in which a character is a focus of at least one shot without dialogue; Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow being featured on a newspaper (a portion of a newspaper, at best) doesn't apply. And despite both of Cozy's forms in 924 technically being Alicorns, she only appears as the second very briefly. Giving it the designation "second form" is somewhat misleading.
- Discord did technically "bring Chrysalis, Sombra, Tirek, and Cozy Glow together"; that's not really erroneous, and it doesn't imply that Sombra joins willingly.
- I did not wish to fight over this either, Relativus, but your constant reversions of my edits/removal of information without reason forced my hand. 11:36, October 13, 2019 (UTC)
Hello, I saw you said that its been confirmed Twilight won't outlive her friends. Could you send me a link to the source you found that at please? Samswordsman123--Samswordsman12 (talk) 02:46, November 3, 2019 (UTC)
While I too hold onto Megan McCarthy's statement because I find it more pleasant than Twilight outlving her friends I was hoping you had something else. Well, at least Jim Miller said that it was never said Twilight would outlive her friends so we can still follow it if we choose to. They left it for fans to decide for themselves, pity that her looking younger seems to confirm that Twilight will outlive her friends for so many other fans. Well, glad you still hold onto it as well.