| This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page.
Direct any additional comments to the current talk page.
Polish dub of season 4 - continued
Son of a gun! The only reason why I thought the article wasn't updated was because the e-mail notification didn't arrive in my inbox when I'm clearly watching the page! Is there a glitch with the Polish MLP Wiki or something? GamerBoi42 (talk) 20:38, June 7, 2014 (UTC)
- I think it was either because it was bot edit, marked as minor edit, or both. Vengir (talk) 08:24, June 8, 2014 (UTC)
I've noticed that the Polish division of SDI Media have decided to keep some episode titles intact. The only other titles I believe will remain intact will probably be Filli Vanilli and Maud Pie. GamerBoi42 (talk) 20:17, June 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, I agree with those predictions, especially Maud Pie, but we won't know that for sure for another few months. Vengir (talk) 20:36, June 10, 2014 (UTC)
- It's not episode airing date, it's the day of reservation for edit. The template says: "This page is editied by Lenaa since 23rd of July 2014. To avoid edit wars please do not edit this article until I remove this message. Thank you in advance. Of course you can correct punctuation and spelling if necessary." Vengir (talk) 09:55, July 23, 2014 (UTC)
The video you tagged for deletionHello there, just thought you should know. I deleted the video you tagged. Thanks for your help! 22:54, June 27, 2014 (UTC)
- What do you mean? Any particular game you had in mind, because there are plenty of games localised into Polish, though usually subtitled only. And when you wrote "you" did you mean me specifically, or Poles as a whole? I, if there is no Polish available, check whether there are at least English subtitles available, as it's easier to understand text than speech only, but even if these are unavailable I usually manage to get most of the dialogue. English is probably the most popular foreign language in Poland, so most Poles has at least basic understanding of it and plenty of games can provide entertainment even without knowing the language. Vengir (talk) 14:44, July 9, 2014 (UTC)
The Polish FiM Wiki
- Because while you were doing so, you were using pretty heavy cussing, eventually calling one of the editor (recently appointed rollback) a "f***ing whore". If you see your edit undone ever by an user of higher rank or experience, don't ever try to just undo again without a very good reason. They usually know better how it should really be, and if you think they are wrong, then politely explain why on their talk pages or message walls. As for the pointless redirect, I don't consider it pointless, it was simply made that way and it works either way. However, what you really did was not moving, but creating a duplicate page. If we left that that way, if we updated one page, the other would be unaffected. It was easier to rollback, than finishing what you started. Vengir (talk) 14:40, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
PL MLP wiki file repositary
Hello there, Vengir. I know you are an admin on the Polish MLP wiki. Does that wiki upload episode images or take them from the English wiki? If so, you may would like to have a discussion with the PL MLP wiki administration and come to an agreement to merge file repositories, which means you don't have to upload duplicate files from here - just link them as usual - it might be very beneficial for your wiki. More about this here. If you have any concerns regarding it, feel free to reply here/on the forum or my talk page and I'll follow you up shortly. 15:25, July 23, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm liking this idea. I'll discuss this with the other admins and will announce it publicly once if they agree. Vengir (talk) 17:35, July 23, 2014 (UTC)
French titles for the Rainbow Rocks shorts
- On YouTube. They've been already added to the international versions pages. Vengir (talk) 13:04, July 26, 2014 (UTC)
Hello Vengir. I come to ask you, now that there is a Mongolian version of the show, it would be necessary to include a section called "Altaic Languages" where the Turkish, Japanese and Korean version is included?
For example the song "Hush Now Lullaby", the aforementioned section would be something like:
|The Mongolian version go here.|
Turkish (Fluttershy only)
I await your response. Pint
losewin 01:38, August 28, 2014 (UTC)
- It's interesting idea, but I would wait a bit longer with that. I'm not sure if we are going to have that many Mongolian clips – it's a voice-over, so people are less likely to upload it to YT. True, we've got all of Ukrainian, but also none of Latvian and only the theme song from Bulgarian. There are also availability problems with, for example, Thai (a normal dubbing). That's why I would hold off for a while with making this new section, because we might end up with just Korean and Japanese, and then people would want to make Finno-Ugric (also two languages easily available, with third one being voice-over and hard to find). Oh, and I almost forgot about Turkish, also Altaic, but they translate only a few songs (the rest probably only subtitled or not translated at all). I would hold off until those four Altaic languages are on the same page (not counting theme song, and not counting if one of them just use subtitles). The only potential song for that I can think of right now would be that lullaby and perhaps some Equestria Girls stuff (and we might wait quite some time until we get there). Vengir (talk) 06:08, August 28, 2014 (UTC)
Equestria Girls in Spain
- Thanks for the links. I've added them to my profile page. Vengir (talk) 06:11, September 13, 2014 (UTC)
Tips on asking SDI Media directly for complete cast list?
As the title says. Well, Polish guys emailed there to name uncredited voices and roles. I'm going to ask SDI Finland for a complete cast list of MLP Friendship is Magic, as well as other Hasbro stuffs which the Finnish version was produced by them (and its predecessor in Finland, Sun Studios Finland). Whoiam989 (talk) 05:58, October 10, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, I don't think I can help you a lot with that. The guy, who contacted them is from dubbingpedia.pl and I just passed further what was published there. And only manually approved people can register or even edit that wiki, so I can't ask there either. You may try sending a message via their Facebook fanpage, but I can't promise they'll answer. What could I advise you (even though I didn't do that before), in the letter include the information, that'll publish the information contained in their response further. If they get the impression that you're just asking for yourself, they might not bother answering you at all. On a side note, last year one of the Polish Bronies (sz6sty, I think) contacted the MASTER FILM studio (the one who did seasons 1-3) and asked for VA's contact data to invite them to convention and they did provide him with such information. I guess it's most of all about providing good reason why you need the info. Vengir (talk) 06:28, October 10, 2014 (UTC)
Hey man, I'm very new to this awesome-a*s Wiki, I got some polls on my user page, and I was wondering If you could vote on 'em. Please vote, soon. ♥ ya.
I changed that poll, now.
Please give me some compliments will ya? I will admire you back, boss.
Foreign dubs of Pinkie Pride
So, the other week, I decided to check the Polish transcript for the aforementioned episode. I noticed that Boneless' name is kept intact. However, later in the episode, when Pinkie asks Cheese if he's in or if he's "boneless", and he replies with "Nopony calls me boneless. Right, Boneless?", the Polish dub replaces "boneless" (the word) with "coward". Which is good and all, since they mean the same thing, but that means the Polish dub misses out on a little gag.
Now, in the Italian dub, Boneless is called "Pollastro", which is Italian for "chicken". That particular form can mean both an actual chicken and someone who's a coward (for strictly an actual chicken, Italians use "pollo"). This means, that little gag later on in the episode translates perfectly.
Regarding the European Spanish dub, Boneless' name is kept intact as per the Polish dub. However, the little "boneless" gag in the episode is a rather interesting case. They keep "boneless" (the word) intact and untranslated. GamerBoi42 (talk) 16:33, November 7, 2014 (UTC)
- The pun in its current form was doomed from the beginning, though. In Stare Master, when in English Apple Bloom calls Scootaloo a chicken, in Polish she calls her "coward like a chicken". We simply don't have direct chicken=coward analogy. People that know English might catch the meaning of such calque, but nobody in reality uses that. I've just came up with alternative solution to this pun in Polish, which wasn't used:
–[…]No, chyba że wymiękasz.
–My nie wymiękamy! Prawda, Boneless?
Here the joke would be that „wymiękać” means colloquially something like "be afraid of the challenge" and „miękki” (from which „wymiękać” was derived) means "soft/flabby". And as you know, Boneless goes limp immediately after. Vengir (talk) 18:35, November 7, 2014 (UTC)
Polish TV airing of Rainbow Rocks
I couldn't help but notice that Rainbow Rocks got a 7 rating on Polish TV. Now what could have possibly caused that? I mean, whatever TV classification board in Poland were fine with an all ages rating for the first EqG (Sunset Shimmer becoming a "raging she-demon") and the season 4 finale (the DBZ-style fight between Twilight and Tirek). GamerBoi42 (talk) 12:22, November 8, 2014 (UTC)
- From what I observed, it's the TV channels themselves that decide what rating to assign. Perhaps they wanted to emphasize this time, that even though the movie is based on FiM, it's intended for older audience (and maybe avoid people begging for MM+ release). Vengir (talk) 12:30, November 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Or it's probably because Rainbow Rocks has a more negative view of the world, seeing as there's a lot of negativity going on in the film. GamerBoi42 (talk) 09:47, November 9, 2014 (UTC)
Re: French version of the Piggy Dance
Actually, "snok" is correct, at least in Belgian French, because the French dub of MLP is done in Belgium, since SDI doesn't have a dubbing studio in France. Not sure what the Swiss French version of "oink" is. GamerBoi42 (talk) 15:56, November 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting me know. I don't actually know French and just passed what I saw in a comment somewhere. Vengir (talk) 18:30, November 8, 2014 (UTC)
FIM and Rainbow Rocks in Pt-br
Do you know where I could find...
...TV rips of the Polish dub of season 2? Why season 2 and not season 1? Because I managed to find TV rips of season 1 with almost no problem. The closest I've ever come to getting TV rips of season 2 is on a Polish file sharing site that's about hamsters for some reason. And in order to get them, you have to pay for them, and I don't live in Poland, you see. And I don't want the Polish dub of season 2 on my hard drive to be the odd one out with absolutely no TV rips. GamerBoi42 (talk) 14:53, November 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Haha, chomikuj.pl – we've got a word "chomikować" (to hoard) from "chomik" (hamster). Sadly, no, I'm not sure where you could find TV rips of season 2. They all have been taken down from YouTube in early 2013. You could probably download it from "chomik" once a week, if the files were smaller than 50MB, but I suppose they aren't. Try asking the guy on this channel – I remember he have been uploading nice TV rips I've been watching back then. Also ask the guy, who uploads TV Rip songs in Polish from the show – MLPDub (AKA Piro) – from the comments on fge.com.pl on old posts, I can see he also uploaded them and he still has my favourite S3 rips and S4 (except few first episodes) rips. Perhaps one of them still have them saved on a disk. As far as I know, season 2 is no longer shown in Poland on TV, so forget about brand new rips. Vengir (talk) 17:06, November 11, 2014 (UTC)
Polish Art of the Dress
Upon rewatching the Polish dub of Suited For Success today, I noticed in the reprise, Rarity doesn't mention Fluttershy's name at all (the part in the original that goes "Fluttershy, you're putting me in a bind"). Instead, the Polish version goes: "Moja panno, czasem już brak mi słów". I can't seem to make any sense of it from translators, so I'd be grateful if you could tell me what it means. GamerBoi42 (talk) 10:31, November 20, 2014 (UTC)
- "Dear Miss, sometimes I just can't find proper words (in this case to describe irritation)" Vengir (talk) 14:44, November 20, 2014 (UTC)
FiM in foreign languages
Here's another dub to add to your links to episodes of FiM in foreign languages: Spanish (Spain) (also includes Rainbow Rocks) I'll let you know when I find more. GamerBoi42 (talk) 21:08, November 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the links. It wasn't kinda my priority, so I left this alone for some time, but I addded this one, along with the Brazilian Portuguese I got earlier. Vengir (talk) 08:34, November 21, 2014 (UTC)
Here's a link to all the Italian dubbed episodes, also including both EqGs (the first one isn't split into two parts, so you might wanna update the link on your userpage): http://www.dailymotion.com/playlists/user/Meiser95/1 20:23, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the link. I've updated EG1 link and added FIM link. I'd rather not start Rainbow Rocks list before I finish FIM list, but links will still be appreciated. Vengir (talk) 17:32, November 26, 2014 (UTC)
Hey Vengir, here's the link of some European Portuguese dubbed episodes: http://www.dailymotion.com/matheusleonardo
- Oh, it's alright, that's still some pretty solid material. You won't do 100% grand marathon with these, but it's still quite a lot to potentially watch.
- To all future people writing here: I'd be glad if put your links in a new section. It will be slightly faster to find. Vengir (talk) 18:20, January 1, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Vengir, I want to give you an update about my Dailymotion's channel "http://www.dailymotion.com/matheusleonardo". Now my channel have the entire season 3, both Equestria Girls movies and very soon the entire season 4. All in Pt-Pt dub. 10:18, March 6, 2015 (UTC)
Gotcha, Hungarian dub! Feel free to add it to the list. http://www.dailymotion.com/playlists/user/Hunbrony/1 GamerBoi42 International (talk) 20:25, April 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Added, thanks! Also, I just got lucky edit badge for that. Vengir (talk) 20:43, April 12, 2015 (UTC)
And here's the link to the Italian dub of The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2re6fx_my-little-pony-l-amicizia-e-magica-2x15-fino-all-ultima-goccia-di-sidro_fun GamerBoi42 International (talk) 06:56, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks. I'll need a better Italian link for all of seasons 1-3. Register walls are not cool. Vengir (talk) 07:23, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
My first impression of the Polish dub of season 4
Well, today, after watching the last two episodes of the Polish dub of season 3, I watched the first part of the season 4 opener, and I must say, the dubbing has certainly improved, thanks to SDI Media Polska. I also like what they did with the theme song. GamerBoi42 (talk) 20:49, December 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Not everybody shares this sentiment in Poland, I'm afraid. Personally, I would say they are pretty close to each other. What certainly improved are the song lyrics ("Let the Rainbow Remind You" has truly amazing lyrics) and Daring Do's voice (you won't believe your ears how she improved without actually replacing voice actor!). The initial opinions were more on the "meh" side, but getting better nearing to the middle of the season break. That faux-countryside dialect by Rarity was hilarious.
- Some characters have new voices, which was met with mixed reception. I'm particularly fond of new Apple Bloom, she sounds a bit older which is okay – she can't sound like a little child forever. New Granny Smith voice, on the other hand, was met with heavier criticism and I kinda agreed with them, but I tolerate it now. New Sapphire Shores is okay and I understand the change – you couldn't have Luna and Sapphire voiced by the same VA in the same episode. Other voice changes I consider unnecessary, but still fine. This includes of course new Mrs. Cake (it would be hilarious if they managed to bring her old VA back, who also happened to be S1-3 dubbing director).
- Now, for the singing – the songs were perhaps performed better overall in S1-3 (with some exceptions, especially from season 1), but, as I mentioned already, they make up for it with better lyrics. There were some changes here, and, for the first time (unfortunately), you can hear the difference in speaking and singing VAs (Celestia's singing VA in S3 finale sounds exactly like the speaking one! – other than "Becoming Popular" we believe all vocals were performed by usual VAs in previous seasons) – the priority was perhaps a little off, however. I would give singing VA to Rarity first (she first gets a singing VA in "Shine Like Rainbows" – you can't hear it clearly due to credits, but she definitely has a new one; I've seen some guesses suggesting it's Małgorzata Szymańska – Fluttershy's VA). By the way, the new Granny Smith sings awfully, Celestia is not so good at it either when voiced by her regular VA (please, SDI, when Celestia is supposed to sing again, bring Magda Tul back, pretty please).
- It may sound a bit ranty, but overall it was good and I enjoyed it. Some others, however, consider Rainbow Rocks to be the first successful G4 MLP dubbing from SDI. Vengir (talk) 22:44, December 2, 2014 (UTC)
Polish Rainbow Dash
- Sometimes maybe. I remember that meh scream in Wonderbolts Academy, but those are not the things I immediately note and remember. On the other hand, it can't be easy to scream outside your normal timbre. Her natural voice is pretty close to in-show RD, but still slightly modulated – as she said, she "flattens" it a little to get Rainbow's voice. Vengir (talk) 19:58, December 4, 2014 (UTC)
Polish Hearts Strong as Horses
Bet you were expecting me to ask about the lyrics, weren't ya? But no, it's not about that. Since the only copies of the first six episodes of the Polish dub of season 4 exist with low audio quality (so are the rest of season 4, but the first six are the worst affected) I decided to go ahead and try to the best of my ability make a "high quality" version of the Polish version of Hearts Strong as Horses, along with its reprise, by overlaying an instrumental (not fanmade) on top and speeding it up without changing the pitch (although the audio may be just a smidgen out of sync) so if you or someone else could gladly add them in video form, I would be very grateful. Thank you.
- Oh, man, I forgot about that! There is Heart Strong as Horses in better quality here. The first six episode are in worse quality, because the stream was too good for Piro's computer and it sacrificed recording quality. I've asked him if he could re-record them and now I'm awaiting response. I'll listen again to the version I just linked and the current video and see, which one is better for sure. Also, I can't use your clips, the original vocals bleeds at some points – that's totally unacceptable.
- PS: Yes, I expected what you were expecting me to expect. :) Vengir (talk) 09:44, December 5, 2014 (UTC)
Polish Equestria Girls and Rainbow Rocks
Do you know where I could find them in their entirety? Cos I watch videos on an Xbox 360, and Xbox 360s don't allow continuous playback, so it's gonna be really annoying when the first part abruptly ends and I have to select the second part. GamerBoi42 (talk) 15:49, December 23, 2014 (UTC)
- EG1, EG2. I had a link to the first movie on my profile, but I'm not sure if it still works, so have a new one just in case. Vengir (talk) 15:59, December 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Ah, so you wished to have links for download. I keep forgetting that. I have EG download link here too: EG2.
The EG 1 link is on my profile, you might wanna check that one.Vengir (talk) 17:11, December 23, 2014 (UTC)
- EDIT: Nevermind, EG1 link is dead. I'm not sure it's somewhere out there for download, but I've got a copy of it on my PC. Maybe I'll upload it somewhere. Vengir (talk) 17:14, December 23, 2014 (UTC)
Russian translation request
You're pretty good with Slavic languages, so do you know what the Russian word "mochilovo" (мочилово) means? And why do online translators refuse to translate it to English? GamerBoi42 (talk) 20:19, January 1, 2015 (UTC)
- According to what I've found here and searching for context across the web, it means "fight" (noun). I suppose it's a somewhat a rare word, so the translator didn't know it. I wonder though, why you didn't ask an actual Russian, like Kopcap94? True, I'm a Slav, I even taught myself to read Cyrillic (mostly Russian and Ukrainian, but I should probably be able to phonetically read most stuff in South Slavic ones and Belorussian without much trouble as well), but after hundreds of years since being once part of a single language, Slavic languages are no longer mutually intelligible beyond simple words and sentences. Do ask me about Polish any time. I should be able to find an answer to your Slovak and Czech questions (we're all part of West Slavic group, here we can start talking about beginnings of real mutual intelligibility). For Ukrainian and Belorussian you could ask me and Kopcap (if one of us wouldn't know the answer, the other quite possibly would). For the South Slavic branch… I suppose I would be your only choice, but I can't promise anything. Vengir (talk) 21:12, January 1, 2015 (UTC)
Video editing software
Do you know any video editing software that's similar to Avidemux? Because Avidemux stopped working for me yesterday. Well, not exactly. The program itself still works, it's just that I get an error whenever I open any video. I get my episodes from YayPonies, and since Sony Vegas can't open Matroska Video files, I need to know of a video editing program that's capable of opening such video files and speeding up video, because I like to apply PAL speedup to the episodes, since I live in a PAL region, after all. Thanks in advance. GamerBoi42 (talk) 08:33, January 2, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, I don't know any. Every time I need a video editing program, I use either Windows Live Movie Maker or Avidemux. Vengir (talk) 08:46, January 2, 2015 (UTC)
EG/MLP in other languages
I don´t know if is the real version, but Thai dub. This is the first part, is in other channel that uploaded the movie, but she/he don´t uploaded it completely, and have the Cafeteria Song in a little scary voiceover.
The greek dub only have until Cafeteria Song. Here you have the parts.
In this DM channel you can find all MLP episodes in Latino.
Here You can find 7 episodes in greek, but is better than nothing.
And... You gonna make a Rainbow Rocks list?
Pintwin 20:31, January 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Once again, thanks for you links. I'll pass up on Thai – I'm not too sure whether it's official dubbing and when in doubt I'd rather not include that. We're not losing much even if it were official, are we?
- I've added Greek – as you said, it's better than nothing.
- About that Latino, yeah, I added it, but it's only season 4 (and Rainbow Rocks). If you could find seasons 1-3 anywhere, it would be lovely.
- Yes, I'll make Rainbow Rocks list… eventually. First, once I find some time for that, I'd like to (more or less) finish FiM list – and by that I actually mean looking for the episodes myself, not just rely on links from people on my talk page. You can still leave links in the meantime here – I'll appreciate them. Vengir (talk) 10:21, January 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks, that's much better. I wonder why you didn't link it previously. Vengir (talk) 05:50, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
Rainbow Dash - Dutch VA
Do you happen to know if this edit is correct?
It appears to be a recent edit on the Dutch Wikipedia as well:
A season 4 casting change maybe? Thanks in advance. 16:24, January 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry, I've got no idea. I can't even find working episode online to verify how they credit the cast (if at all). Vengir (talk) 17:20, January 24, 2015 (UTC)
Merging files (pt-br)
My wiki (pt.mlp.wikia.com) is spliting now between two wiki -- the old domain will be exclusive for the European Portuguese dub, whilst the new one will work solely on the Brazilian Portuguese one. As such, the staff would like to recreate the media-store merging for the new wiki. Can it be arranged?—Preceding unsigned comment added by Ha³ (talk • contribs)
- There probably shouldn't be any problems with that. Just ask Wikia Staff or a Helper to assist you. I can also help you with interwiki connection request if you wish. Let me know if you need further help. Vengir (talk) 00:38, January 25, 2015 (UTC)
- I'll talk to Ozuzanna about it, then. Thanks for replying.—Preceding unsigned comment added by Ha³ (talk • contribs)
Re: Link verification request
Sorry, video doesn't work for me. It keeps getting an error when I try to play it. 16:18, January 26, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Japanese This Day Aria
See if the videos work now. 15:34, February 9, 2015 (UTC)
Spanish Equestria Girls
Last month, I ripped EqG with a Spanish audio track from the UK DVD, I just want you to tell me if it's Latino or Castilian (even though I named it suggesting that it's Castilian) - Download link GamerBoi42 (talk) 11:18, February 11, 2015 (UTC)
- This will have to wait until at least tomorrow, since I've got pretty limited transfer over here. Unless you can provide me a link with just audio and no video. Vengir (talk) 12:07, February 11, 2015 (UTC)
You know what? Forget what I said earlier. I'll still watch the Castilian dub of Equestria Girls when I get round to it in early March. So what if the credits got cut short on TV? Bronies of Spain, despite losing their cool at this, have put up with it, and so will I. Likewise with Rainbow Rocks (unless the Spanish dub on the UK DVD will be Castilian instead of Latino). GamerBoi42 (talk) 18:16, February 12, 2015 (UTC)
Shine Like Rainbows (International)
So, many versions of Shine Like Rainbows have a credit call voiceover. Rainbow Rocks came recently to Netflix, so, if the voiceover is still present even in that version (like Brazilian), if the audio is rendered in surround (5.1), there's a chance one can rip a clean version of those songs by decomposing the tracks. Do you know of people who have Netflix in other languages to verify that possibility?
Also, the Brazilian version came with stereo/2.0 sound, but I still tried and got a (mediocre) rip out of it: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1OXN25zP9gm —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ha³ (talk • contribs)
- Not bad. If it can help you transcribe the song beyond what you would normally be capable, then you did a good job. Gotta try it one day with Polish and see if I can improve the lyrics I already managed to make out. However, I don't gather information about who has Netflix, sorry. Vengir (talk) 07:45, March 9, 2015 (UTC)
What?What is this? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Quackers32 (talk • contribs)
- Thanks, I added most of them. Rainbow Rocks will be included once I start that list. Vengir (talk) 09:33, April 26, 2015 (UTC)
- I just added missing S03E01 in Serbian, visit my profile.
- Oh, and here you can find Finnish episodes. And I'm not sure films. MrLazarV (talk) 20:57, May 3, 2015 (UTC)
A small favor
Do you think you could ask Yay Ponies on their Twitter where the TV rip for season 5 episode 5 is? Because they normally have TV rips up by now. GamerBoi42 International (talk) 07:06, April 26, 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry, I'm not Yayponies' friend and they don't treat me with any kind of priority. There's no reason I should ask them other people's questions. Go and ask yourself if you are curious. Vengir (talk) 09:43, April 26, 2015 (UTC)
If this screenshot from Secret of My Excess is anything to go by, it seems that MiniMini+ is repeating season 2 (along with season 4). I never thought it would be airing on Polish TV ever again. Do you think you could get in contact with a friend and see if he can capture the season 2 episodes direct from TV? Granted, they're being shown on mornings, but there will hopefully be someone in the Polish brony community who's still at home on mornings. GamerBoi42 International (talk) 17:22, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
- True, according to their schedule online, they do show it on weekends. I think I've seen some season 1 there even. But… I'm afraid the demand for that would be too low for me to convinnce anybody. Fiesta (the guy who ripped Polish Shine Like Rainbows without voice-over) has also rips of seasons 1 and 2 (links in his video description) and those might be possibly the best versions audio-wise out there… and judging by the quality of our S4 rips (and those were NEW episodes), nobody seems to have resources to record in HD (or at least nobody willing to upload). Vengir (talk) 18:00, May 4, 2015 (UTC)
Find The Music InYou - International Versions: Formatting
- Well, descriptions were too long to fit on a single 300px wide line. I've concluded that the best way to make it look better is by increasing video widths to 340px and shortening Serbian description. Perhaps it should be considered to increase video widths in other articles as well. Vengir (talk) 16:39, May 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Oh a HUGE Thank you! IT's been bugging me for a while. I thought about making it like this, but I wasn't sure.
- Off Topic: I think I have some versions to your "list" of foreign MLP, I'll write down the ones I collected, if you have time, please check, which do you have (^_^) :
- -----Hungarian: Dailymotion channel: Hunbrony (S1-S4, EQG, EQG:RR (ALL without watermarks))
- -----Polish: Season 1: http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x33zc7_Mystheria22_my-little-pony-sezon-1-dubbing-pl-1080p
- Season 2: http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x33zcf_Mystheria22_my-little-pony-sezon-2-dubbing-pl-1080p
- Season 3: http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x33zcp_Mystheria22_my-little-pony-sezon-3-dubbing-pl-1080p
- Season 4: http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x382hp_Mystheria22_my-little-pony-sezon-4-dubbing-pl-1080p
- -----European Portuguese: not all episodes are found, few S2 eps are missing, but which aren't, here ya can watch them: http://www.dailymotion.com/matheusleonardo
- -----Romanian: All eps can be found on Trilulilu (S4 EPS 14-26 will be uplaoded at least until July)
- -----Czech ALL EPS, AND FILMS: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/micalaty1/13
- -----Spanish (Spain): all episodes are available (some are not only in 1080p but in 360 too) http://www.dailymotion.com/user/lexlightlikesmlpfim
- -----Serbian (MiniUltra & Minimax): mlp.wikia.com/wiki/User:MrLazarV
- -----Finnish: (S1-S3) http://www.dailymotion.com/user/KuyAurelian/1
- (S4) http://www.dailymotion.com/user/swgasp/2
- -----Turkish: Some episodes can be wathced here: http://cizgifilm.pro/my-little-pony-tatli-ve-elit/
- -----Ukrainian: I'm not sure if all the eps are here, but still, most of htem can be watched here: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/DanJerk/1
- -----Mandarin (All eps, except S4): http://www.iqiyi.com/a_19rrgjbg19.html
- -----Romanian: http://www.trilulilu.ro/profil/DjGabuza
- -----Italian ALL EPS, AND FILMS: http://www.dailymotion.com/playlists/user/Meiser95/1
- Season 1 (epizods 4-7):
- Season 2 (epizods 2-4):
- FILM 1:
- FILM 2:
- Season 2: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/TheDutchBronies/2
- Season 4: http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x3rht7_nlserieshd_my-little-pony-season-4-dutch-nl
- -----German: ALL THE EPISODES AND FILMS: http://xxnightmaremoonxx.de/vweb/?page_id=14
- Season 1 (epizode 4-8):
- Season 2 (epizode 1-6, 9, 12):
- FILM 1:
- FILM 2:
- Season 1 (epizode 1-8):
- Season 2 (epizode 1-2, 4, 17-18, 25-26): http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2oqer_liggliluff_my-little-pony-vanskap-ar-magiskt-2-swedish/1#video=x10wbj4
- Season 3 (epizode 1-4, 8-9, 11, 13): http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x34ny3_liggliluff_my-little-pony-vanskap-ar-magiskt-3-swedish/1#video=x1k0sp2
- Film 1:
- Season 1-4: http://newlunarrepublic.fr/episodes/
- FIlm 1: http://newlunarrepublic.fr/films/equestria_girls.php
- Film 2:
- -----Brazillian Portuguese (FEW S4 EPS ARE MISSING): http://www.dailymotion.com/user/dm_519957fb0b970/1
- (WHOLE S4): http://www.dailymotion.com/user/dm_51b51e78bcd6f/3
- -----Latino (ALL EPS): http://www.dailymotion.com/user/LuisReyesMLP/7
- And again, thanks for your help, and I hope I helped you with international versions (^_^) Ballwa44 (talk) 17:12, May 19, 2015 (UTC)
- OK, if you want anything international MLP:FiM I can probably give it to ya (twismile) . Also, if it's needed, I can upload the Ukrainian EQG:RR videos on my channel, if that would fix the problem. I think it would, but I let ya decide, because now I'll have time. Ballwa44 (talk) 13:30, May 20, 2015 (UTC)
Polish S4 recordings
Hey! I remember seeing some people (maybe you and somebody else) talking about Polish S4 recordings. So I noticed it too, that its quality was kinda bad comapred to previous ones. Now I saw you replacing one of the songs and I looked at footage: it looked pretty HD. So I want to ask, if there's full episodes recorded in this quality because I could only find ones that were 360/480p? In advance, (bonbon)Ballwa44 (talk) 19:03, July 7, 2015 (UTC)(pinkiepie)
- A raw rip in that exact quality? I'm afraid only this one song is available. But good news is this recording comes from the guy who uploaded S3-4 episodes. He finally upgraded some of his hardware, so expect that quality when S5 will air. There are also "The Show Stoppers" and "Hearts and Hooves Day" on this channel recorded in HD by him, but I think he mentioned something about forgetting to set the video editor to higher audio quality or something. Another person also has DVD rips of season 1 and 2 available. The video quality may not be impressive, but the audio is best possible. I wouldn't expect rerecording more of them soon; it's a lot of work and demand is insufficient (gonna live with what we have until DVDs come out). Vengir (talk) 19:34, July 7, 2015 (UTC)
- I know about Fiesta's records, and I'm actually happy that they happened. As for S4, well I would've not let this happen to my version (Hungarian), since I have a TV that can record in HD by default. If I'd have MiniMini++ (or how is it called) and TeleToon++ (or how is it called) I would've recorded the films and S4 in HD. But the one thing I really regret is EQG:RR, because of Tricks Up My Sleeve, and you know why. (bonbon)Ballwa44 (talk) 19:55, July 7, 2015 (UTC)(pinkiepie)
- Just one plus :). As for the Tricks Up My Sleeve… Yeah, we did all we could, even with 5.1 DVD available. At least we've got the lyrics directly from SDI and we ripped the song to just good enough quality to confirm them legit. I wouldn't reccomend listening to it casually, but you can find it in this article on Equestria Girls Wiki. Vengir (talk) 20:10, July 7, 2015 (UTC)
- >Also, why were the films ONLY on TeleToon+?
Well, I'm not sure what exactly you are asking about. If you mean "why was it not on MiniMini+?" then it's because incompatible target audiences. MM+ is purely 7- network (they actually, for example, do not let certain commercials get through) and Equestria Girls products are intended for children a bit older than that. If you mean "why no other network air them?" then it's because TV channels prefer their programs being exclusives for increased viewership. If you mean "why is it not in cinemas"… well, actually certain cinemas show them occasionaly, but the premiere is still on TV – it's just a little too niche for normal premiere stuff with advertisement and all.
>why did MiniMini turn into MiniMini+?
Brand unification. MiniMini (as well as TeleTOON and many, many different channels) are owned by Canal+. So they decided to make logos for all of them similar, added pluses to the name and voila. MiniMini is one thing, but did you know that before that change TeleTOON+ was known as… ZigZap. And another funny thing: both MiniMini and ZigZap descended from… Minimax! Vengir (talk) 20:44, July 7, 2015 (UTC)
- >Also, why were the films ONLY on TeleToon+?
- I knew about MiniMini being a "continuation" of Polsih Minimax which ended in 2004 (I actually remember seeing your comment on a Hungarian/Romanian/Czech video or something that you are glad Minimax discontinued in Poland). Well, about the exclusives: same here, for example, I looked at a chart and since Barrandov broadcasts MLP prior to Minimax Czech, Minimax Czech's view dropped a lot. Also, I noticed it during Pluszcz's Glass of Water Multilanguage (I'm sure you're fammiliar with him), but S4 really has an awful quality, it's like recorded from a toilet/cave or something. It's even worse than our first Finnish S4 recordings. Also, do you have any idea why Minimax stopped in Poland? It remained here (because it's original duh) and in Czech Rep, Romania and (at the time Yugoslavia). In advance, (bonbon)Ballwa44 (talk) 21:05, July 7, 2015 (UTC)(pinkiepie)
- Back in season 2 and 3 we recorded it from an online stream from somebody probably not in fandom. Then it stopped airing and we had to record ourselves from TV. And since MiniMini+ isn't that widely available and Brony fandom being less than 1% of total population… it just so happened that nobody with proper equipment could record EG movies and season 4 and some cheap SD cables were used (Pluszcz recorded for his uploads only, never shared it outside what he uploaded on YT). As for the Minimax, I don't really know. All I know is that MiniMini split off in 2003 and Minimax turned into ZigZap in 2004. Even when it operated it was owned by Canal+, not AMC. Vengir (talk) 21:35, July 7, 2015 (UTC)
- It's just weird. Hungary, a very small country has 4 people recording S1-S4 and films (one of them being discontinued, he's uploading G1 now to another place) but not Poland which is bigger and I think it even has a bigger fandom (even though Hungarian one is HUGE). I never would've thought Polish people wouldn't have had proper recordings of S4 and films. Good to know about S5 recordings though (that they will be in HD). Also, I watched both of the HD episode (dunno why o.O I was watching it while asking a person about Zulu dub o.O) and I noticed something while looking at it: what is that yellow thing on the logo? Is it Pac-man?? Or what? (xD) In advance, (bonbon)Ballwa44 (talk) 21:43, July 7, 2015 (UTC)(pinkiepie)
- It's a fish. And yeah, we do lack in terms of diversification. There's even only one active subtitler left (Mystheria, or however her nick is spelled, I don't watch subtitled version anyway). The rest apparently just gave up, they could not match her speed, even though their translations were slightly better, the people didn't care. Vengir (talk) 21:52, July 7, 2015 (UTC)
- A fish? Now that's the biggest surprise to me (o.o) But the 2nd part...That's distracting. Do you even have a Polish brony site where everybody puts out their cosplays, fanarts, fanfics and subtitled episodes and stuff? We have. Heck, we even have a pony podcast, which didn't really exist in any other language than English. We have 5-6 people each season and they can contribute if they want (in S6 I will contribute too probably with translation). 2 does trnaslation, 2 timing, 1 songs, 1 execution. It works out great, we even have our FanFic translators. And again, it's just really distracting to hear from ya. (bonbon)Ballwa44 (talk) 22:09, July 7, 2015 (UTC)(pinkiepie)
- http://fge.com.pl is like our central hub (at least in my opinion). It's a blog, kinda like Equestria Daily, but with more focus on Polish stuff. At the bottom of the left rail you can find some banners to various other Polish fandom sites. They are randomly chosen each refresh, but if you are lucky or try a few times you can even see a banner for Polish MLP wiki there. So fear not, we might have some tendencies for monopolization of certain fields, but it doesn't mean we doesn't have diverse fields of activity. Vengir (talk) 06:20, July 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Oh well, better than nothing I guess. But I'm kinda sad for a lot of countries not having any kind of activity (for example ex-Yugoslavia). I dunno, here it's very popular to be a brony kinda, I mean in my class there's me and there are 2 girls and I want one of my friends to get into, but I feel like broniness (is that even a word?) is well accepted at least in my class, and I wasn't shy, I told all of them about half year ago that I'm a brony. Maybe that's why it's not so popular in other countries but here in Hungary it is, because for the most part, at least where I live (Győr) broniness is accepted, along with other stuff (f.e. gays) that I doN't want to get into it. But it's very surprising that for example Slovene MLP is only recorded by Borut Vas and one other person recorded a LOT of cartoons, including EQG and RR in HD. Now both me (in English) and MrLazarV (in Serbian) wrote him 2 letters on a torrent site, that he's on (and uploaded cartoons)... still waiting... wow I off-topiced (is that even a word?) a lot xD So all in all I don't even know why some countries have sooo few bronies, and only speculation can happen (at me at least) In advance, (bonbon)Ballwa44 (talk) 07:12, July 8, 2015 (UTC)(pinkiepie)
Serbian S4 dub
Hey! ME again. I just awnt a quick note that Serbian S4 was recoreded but later lost (because of broken hard drive, poor MrLazarV) BUT they got recovered! Woohoo! They are posted on MrLazarV's userpage :D Just saying. And if you're on that matter, remember, that I sent you tons of other versions (that you haven't ut out yet, but no problem ;)). In advance (bonbon)Ballwa44 (talk) 17:13, July 8, 2015 (UTC)(pinkiepie)
Poland - Indonesia
Hey! I want to ask a question. So I saw a post sometime ago, that Indonesia and Poland are "opposite" kinda. Now, what I mean is that, they said that the flags are completely the same, except one of them is upside-down.I looked it up and yeah it's true, but there was another statement there and I want to ask you if that's true:
- tak = Polish "yes"
- tak = Indonesian "no"
- I've never heard of it personally, but if Google translator of Indonesian is to be believed, yes, this is also correct. I knew about that flag thing for a long time, it kinda draws attention when you browse a flag atlas. Another country with flag that is the inversion of Polish is Monaco – for a moment I thought we could get similar inversion with French "no" and Polish "no", but it turns out that French uses "non"/"ne" for negation. Vengir (talk) 21:44, July 29, 2015 (UTC)
Polish watermarks (from Mini Mini)
Hey! Me again, and this time a strange question, but I'm really curious: why are the Polish watermarks on this recording towards the middle? I mean, I never understood why doesn't channels in foreign countries have their logos in one of the corners? I mean was it really neccesary to put the watermarks towards the middle? (bonbon)Ballwa44 (talk) 17:10, July 30, 2015 (UTC)(pinkiepie)
- Oh, that recording is pretty old, probably from the first run of the season 1 back when MiniMini was SD only channel (like probably all cartoon channels in Poland back then). If I had to guess it is for old non-panoramic TVs that could at some settings just cut off the edges entirely (instead of adding black bars at top and bottom). That way the watermarks would still be visible. I never paid to much attention to that (or haven't noticed this done that often). Vengir (talk) 17:27, July 30, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, I have a TV that actually has that function (because CRT TV for the win) and out channels have some really cool stuff for that: they have a 4:3 mode whcih is different, so if I choose to cut the sides, the watermarks can be seen, because it automatically switches to that other version. I went through all the channels the other day, and only one channel is in 4:3 which is M3 (Magyar 3 / Hungarian 3) which shows retro shows and stuff, so that's why it's 4:3. Speaking of, I didn't really got it, why Minimax turned into 16:9, I mean half of the showes are still in 4:3, and that +6 thing is sooo stupid, I mean it's neccesary (because Hungary ._.) but I doN't understand why. (bonbon)Ballwa44 (talk) 17:57, July 30, 2015 (UTC)(pinkiepie)
Zulu: Recap version (?)
Hey! It's me again, and I want to ask you something. So basically, Zulu episodes are "kinda" split. There are 15 mins going and commercial-break. After that there's a little recap thingy and then the last 5 mins are shown (a little weird). So in the recap of the episode S1E14, there was a little part, with Art of The Dress. Why am I saying this? Because it's different than the redubbed version of the song. Should we consider adding it to the "International versions" page of Art of the Dress as 'Zulu (Recap version)? We could add there a little H:title template, which would roughly explain what is it meant, but I wanted to ask you first. If you want to look at it, it's only few seconds and can be viewed here. In advance (bonbon)Ballwa44 (talk) 11:35, August 2, 2015 (UTC)(pinkiepie)
- Do as you see fit. Vengir (talk) 13:04, August 2, 2015 (UTC)
- The fact that it is in German rather than English might be interesting to somebody. Vengir (talk) 22:07, August 3, 2015 (UTC)
- Sure, that should be rather easy. Just write me the English or Polish title of the title that song comes from. Vengir (talk) 12:54, August 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Yep, it's them. Vengir (talk) 13:28, August 7, 2015 (UTC)
Going by how the EU Spanish dub has officially translated the title of the third Equestria Girls movie, I think it's safe to say it's gonna be translated around the world. Now, Polish is what I like to call a "varied" language. What would the correct Polish translation of "Friendship Games" be? GamerBoi42 International (talk) 07:08, August 9, 2015 (UTC)
- Prijateljstvo igrice, maybe? I didn't use translator, but the minor knowledge I have of Serbian, this would be grammatically correct (hope so (laugh)) (bonbon)Ballwa44 (talk) 18:16, August 14, 2015 (UTC)(pinkiepie)
- Do you know Serbian pronouncation? Then just as if it was a Serbian word (or pretty much a word in any Slavic language). Any similarities to certain Icelandic word is coincidental. Funnily, I've just pasted it into a Google Translate on Polish setting and they got it wrong, but I think it was good in the past. I'm also pretty sure I've got my voice recorded somewhere where I use my nickname. I'll give you the link when I find it Vengir (talk) 13:25, August 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Oh thank you! I actually learned how to read Serbian, which kinda thaught me how to read Slovene, Croatian. But I can also read most of the Polish stuff, because I learned most of it in the past couple of days. The only big thing for me is "ó" pronounced as an "u".
- Oh also, one little thing, where does your name originate from? (bonbon)Ballwa44 (talk) 14:05, August 18, 2015 (UTC)(pinkiepie)
- We write some words with „ó”, because historically they were pronounced as long o. And it is probably easier for other Slavic speakers to recognise a word if it is written that way, because they might have a similar one written with plain "o". Plus sometimes „o” alternates with „ó” in declesion, making words easier to recognise in writing. As for the origin of my nick, it's probably nothing special. I've simply used to play WoW on a private server and this is a name I came up with for my first character – a tauren druid. I thought it would be fitting for a horned minotaur-like creature. It was less fitting once I've learned more about tauren culture, but the nick remained, since I kinda needed a new one that wouldn't reveal my first name to whoever sees it. Vengir (talk) 15:08, August 18, 2015 (UTC)