|This page contains information about something recently released. You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.|
|Whoof-dunnit; Dear Tabby|
|Season episode №:||22|
|Overall episode №:||22|
|Original airdate:||January 23, 2021
|Written by:||Gillian M. Berrow (Whoof-dunnit)|
Greg Levine (Dear Tabby)
|Storyboard:||Francesco Cipolla & Laila Petersen-Jama|
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
Game Knight; Director Spike's Mockumentary
Pie vs. Pie; Superb Six
Whoof-dunnit and Dear Tabby are the twenty-second episode of My Little Pony: Pony Life. The title of Whoof-dunnit is a play of "whodunit", a variety of mystery/detective story in which the main focus is determining the culprit of a crime. The title of Dear Tabby is a reference to the real-life advice column Dear Abby and Rarity's voice actress Tabitha St. Germain.
In Whoof-dunnit, Rarity adopts her detective persona to solve the mystery of an abandoned piece of clothing.
In Dear Tabby, Applejack has a falling-out with Rarity and seeks advice from her favorite online blogger.
This episode aired on September 6, 2020, on Treehouse TV in Canada.
At Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie is having trouble neatly organizing her baking tools, and Rarity offers to lend Pinkie her organizer. On her way home to get the organizer, Rarity finds a discarded visor lying in the street. Compelled to solve the mystery of who the visor belongs to, Rarity dons her "Detective Rarity" persona and conducts an investigation.
Rarity's investigation leads her to a number of suspects: Fluttershy, who is out for a night stroll with Angel and his many bunny friends; Twilight Sparkle, whose hairstyle does not go well with visors; Applejack, who truthfully denies any ownership of the visor; and Rainbow Dash, who has been working out at the gym the entire time.
Realizing her mystery investigation has distracted her from her original task, Rarity races home to fetch her organizer for Pinkie Pie. As she goes through her large collection of hats, Rarity remembers that she misplaced a visor some time ago and that the visor she found in the street was hers all along.
At Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie is trying to perfect a recipe for "firework cupcakes". Applejack introduces her to "Dear Tabby", an online advice blog run by a pony whose identity is unknown. Rarity arrives wanting a sweet treat, having been rehearsing all day for her one-pony show, and Applejack suggests an apple. When Applejack and Rarity argue over whether apples or cupcakes are the superior sweet treat, Applejack loses her temper, causing Rarity to leave.
Pinkie (and later Rainbow Dash) suggests to Applejack that she apologize to Rarity, but Applejack stubbornly refuses. She sends a message to Dear Tabby asking for advice on this matter, and in a reply, even Dear Tabby agrees that Applejack should be the one to apologize. Pinkie Pie sagely points out that sometimes the advice one needs to hear is not always the advice one wants to hear, and Applejack begrudgingly agrees.
Applejack goes to Rarity's house and apologizes for the argument they had earlier. Rarity apologizes as well and asks Applejack what made her decide to apologize. When Applejack mentions Dear Tabby, Rarity reveals herself to be Dear Tabby's true identity, and Applejack is pleased that everyone in Equestria is receiving one of her best friends' sage advice. With the two having made amends, they go to Sugarcube Corner to help Pinkie with her firework cupcakes.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
- Pinkie Pie: Whoo! I'm on a "roll"!
- Rarity: [sighs] You certainly are, darling. But perhaps you could put a "pin" in it for now?
- Rarity: [to DJ Pon-3] Hello? Is this yours? Shade in the front, party in the back?
- [dubstep music]
- Rarity: Oh. You're just living your life. Carry on!
- Twilight Sparkle: I haven't worn a visor since I was a little filly. I just can't pull them off with these bangs.
- Rarity: Is this or is this not your visor?
- Applejack: Nope. And I cannot lie!
- Rarity: [faints]
- Rarity: Oh, look at all my gorgeous hats. I wonder where my visor went.
- Rarity: Ohhhhh. You've done it again! Solved the mystery! Hats off to you, Detective Me!
- Pinkie Pie: These firework cupcakes are supposed to explode with flavor! Not actually explode!
- Rarity: Darling, nopony else could be Rarity. Who else could pull off the one-pony show Mane of Thrones? [deep voice] When you play the Mane of Thrones, you win or you dye... your mane!
- Rarity: [amplified] Apples are fine, but cupcakes are divine.
- Applejack: [amplified] Cupcakes are acceptable, but apples are delectable.
- Rarity: Cupcakes I'm adoring, but apples give me snoring.
- Pinkie Pie: Sometimes the advice we need to hear isn't the advice we want to hear. You hear?
- Applejack: I didn't hear ya before... but I do now.
- Rarity: I am Rare-eesi, Mother of Dragons!
- Rarity: What made you come 'round?
- Applejack: More like who. Dear Tabby! She gives advice just like a best friend.
- Rarity: That's because she is! I'm Dear Tabby!
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie||A New Generation|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped||Make Your Mark|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts||Tell Your Tale|