|This page contains information about something recently released. You can help improve it by editing this page to include new information.|
|Zound Off; Unboxing Day|
|Season episode №:||18|
|Overall episode №:||18|
|Original airdate:||January 9, 2021
|Written by:||Greg Levine (Zound Off)|
Katie Chilson (Unboxing Day)
|Storyboard:||Laila Petersen-Jama & Oriol Vidal|
|credits • transcript • gallery • allusions|
animation errors • statistics • speculation
Ponies of the Moment; One Click Wonder
Don't Look a GIF Horse in the Mouth; The Root of It
In Zound Off, Rainbow Dash tries to clear storage space on her tablet to make room for a new, popular mobile app.
In Unboxing Day, Fluttershy tries to make an "unboxing" video while dealing with a very stubborn box.
In the Discovery Family broadcast of Zound Off, all mentions of the word "onomatopoeia" (and entire lines of dialogue containing the word) were removed.
At Sugarcube Corner, Rainbow Dash finds Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie playing around with a new sound-effects-making mobile app called Onomatopoeia. Rainbow Dash wants to download the app herself so that she can join in on the fun, but her tablet does not have enough storage space to download it. Her friends suggest removing some apps in order to clear up some space, but Rainbow does not want to delete any of the apps she has on her tablet, even some she rarely or never uses.
In her increasing frustration, Rainbow Dash makes a bunch of goofy and nonsensical noises in order to blow off steam. Her friends note that her noises are very funny, and Rainbow Dash realizes she does not need a sound-effects app because her own sounds are already entertaining.
At her cottage, Fluttershy attempts to make an "unboxing" video, in which she unpacks the contents of a box while on camera. When a smartphone package is delivered to her by Muffins, Fluttershy tries to open the box on camera, but all of her attempts to do so fail. When Applejack and Rainbow Dash check in on her, she either insists everything is fine or scares them away.
Rarity soon arrives and, upon realizing Fluttershy's plight, suggests getting the assistance of a friend. With Rarity's help, Fluttershy finally opens the box but finds it empty, Angel having already unboxed the new phone moments earlier. As Fluttershy angrily chases Angel around the cottage, Rarity closes out the unboxing video.
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript.
- Rainbow Dash: [panting] What's... going... on?! Where's... the... explosion?!
- Pinkie Pie: There's nothing explosive here except our own laughter!
- Tablet: Meatballs!
- Rainbow Dash: I'm out of hard drive space! I'm without space! THERE! IS! NO! SPACE!
- Pinkie Pie: No sweat. Don't fret. You can still download... "et"?
- Rainbow Dash: I could delete Baubles with Besties, but I like playing Baubles. With my besties. And I could delete Gossip-peroni, but then how will I learn all the latest celeb gossip while ordering delicious gooey pizza?
- Rainbow Dash: Hmmm. I could delete Awooga. It counts how many times you say "awooga".
- Twilight Sparkle: But...
- Rainbow Dash: There's a "but"? There's a "but"!
- Rainbow Dash: I don't like this "but". It's a bad "but". No two ways a-"but" it.
- Twilight Sparkle: I get it. I'm a perfectionist pony. I hate the idea of not being fully prepared for any situation. But you're so worried about missing out on something in the future that you're not living in the right now.
- Rainbow Dash: I don't need a soundboard app. I am a soundboard app!
- Fluttershy: A box? For moi? Thanks for the delivery, Muffins.
- Applejack: Uh, you doin' all right there, Fluttershy?
- Fluttershy: Oh. Heh. Fiiiine! Just fiiiine!
- Applejack: Heh. All righty then, "Flustershy".
- Fluttershy: We're gonna get this thing open soon, because these videos do best when they're under five minutes long!
- Rainbow Dash: Hey, Fluttershy. How's the unboxing video coming along?
- Fluttershy: [snarls]
- Fluttershy: That's the phone that's in the box! That's what we're supposed to be unboxing! [...] How'd you get yours out?
- Rarity: Oh, it wasn't easy. It took time, patience, persistence... and, of course, scissors.
- Rarity: And that's a wrap on this unboxing video. Or as I like to call it... [laughs] ...an "unwrap"!
- Fluttershy: Too soon!
- Titled as The Zounds of Silence by some sources.
|Equestria Girls||Rainbow Rocks||Friendship Games||Legend of Everfree|
|My Little Pony The Movie||A New Generation|
|Dance Magic||Movie Magic||Mirror Magic||Forgotten Friendship|
|Rollercoaster of Friendship||Best Gift Ever||Spring Breakdown||Rainbow Roadtrip|
|Sunset's Backstage Pass||Holidays Unwrapped|
|Rainbow Rocks shorts||Friendship Games shorts||Summertime Shorts||Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 1)|
|Equestria Girls: Better Together (season 2)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 1)||Equestria Girls: Choose Your Own Ending (season 2)||Equestria Girls Minis|
|Baby Flurry Heart's Heartfelt Scrapbook||Rarity's Peek Behind the Boutique||Fundamentals of Magic||My Little Pony Established 1983|
|Friendship is Magic shorts||Hello Pinkie Pie||Stop Motion Shorts|